PDA
View Full Version :

a completed water transfer manifold

SICFabrications
08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
here is a few pics of the manifold completed... only 24 left to build...... alright gadget, where do i go to download the resizer?

gilly
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Man you work to hard.That's some heavy stuff you have to work with SIC.Good job.Looks industrial.

Gadget
08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Stan,
what OS are you using? It is different for XP and W7.
Here is the one for Windows XP Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx)
Here is a power toy clone resizer for Windows 7 Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx)

SICFabrications
08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
xp service pack 3

KHK
08-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice looking JOB!!!
I use both of the resizers and they work very well.

SICFabrications
08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
ok, what all do i download? its giving me several options.... then how do i use it?

Gadget
08-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Stan,
Download and install the image resizer power toy from Microsoft here http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
I suggest downloading it then run the installer. Once done just right click on a photo or select several at a time and right click then click on the option to resize image. You can make a smaller copy of the originals or if you go to advanced you can select the option to resize the originals. Once they have been resized (use 800X600 option) you can upload the newly resized images to the forum.
Dan

arandall
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Wow! - nice. - No fooling around there!

Cheers,
Art R.

SICFabrications
08-26-2010, 05:56 PM
thanks, guys.... i build these for a water treatment/ water transfer company here that caters to the gas wells.... (i married the bosses daughter after building a few of these for this company and having to see her everyday for a bit)

tjjolle
08-27-2010, 09:35 PM
You clearly have great skills. How did you get started? Is metal work and fabrication something you grew up with?

SICFabrications
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
You clearly have great skills. How did you get started? Is metal work and fabrication something you grew up with?

thanks for that, but i am no super man... there is always someone out there much better than the next fella.... i got my start while in a dodds school in central america... parents split, n my mom moved onto a chicken farm in arkansas...... my first truck was 4wd... if i broke it, i had to fix it or i got to walk everywhere... and the farm taught me a decent bit... i was 16 when i moved back to the states. joined the army to be a welder, but fate lead me down a different path... got out, and have been welding and fabricating since.

i got lucky and one of my favorite jobs was working for a sign company, it was all blueprint work. i learned a ton on the job. 99% aluminum work. if you go to disney in orlando, there is not a sign on their property that i didnt make... i made them all. as well as several other stuff like dfw, logan, lax lubbock airports and what not...

plant boss didnt like me much, and i had a family to feed, so i learned real quick to work my tail off and turn out perfect work, so he didnt have room to let me go...

SICFabrications
10-29-2010, 09:59 AM
these pics are gone... matter of fact all mine from old are goners....hmmmm..... anyway, just got an order for 16 more of these manifolds.... takes me about 1 week to turn each one by myself.... thats paint cure time included...

KHK
10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
The pictures you posted were great. For members that missed them they missed a lot!!! Any chance you could repost them?

tomsign
10-30-2010, 01:54 AM
hey Stan, I am one of the ones that missed out on the photos, please repost for us running behind
Tomsign

SICFabrications
10-31-2010, 02:27 PM
just got the desktop running again.... lemme try n find em all for ya's

SICFabrications
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
i found some of em... now try to find some more

SICFabrications
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
gotta re-size the other ones.... gimme a few minutes

SICFabrications
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
here they are, re-sized

tomsign
11-01-2010, 08:16 AM
WOW Stan, beautiful welds, Great Fabrication, I could only wish I could be that good, so consistent, Only comes from true Talent, and Dedication.
Thanks for reposting.
Tomsign

Tritium
05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
cool stuff Stan, I bet you could build my ethanol plant in an afternoon or 2. I still need to find some reasonable cost flanges (4) and a couple of blank off plates for my 8" schedule 10 302 Stainless pipe that will be my column.

What work did you do at the Lubbock, TX airport?

Thurmond

samsberr
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice work...
I'll have to try and find some of the pics of the micro hydro electric facility our family built...
Some interesting fab work...that valving looks spendy...
What kind of pressure goes into that header...and what are the racks for...
Sorry for the 90 questions...

SICFabrications
05-23-2011, 10:10 AM
i built the signs.... all of em there at lubbock... at dfw, i made a sign that was 863 ft long and 13ft tall with a white n red candy stripe. they were built on a frame that allowed them to tilt from top to bottom to help control the ground air speed and also to serve as a warning to the pilots "hey pal, yer about to run outta concrete" ha!

Tritium
05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
i built the signs.... all of em there at lubbock... at dfw, i made a sign that was 863 ft long and 13ft tall with a white n red candy stripe. they were built on a frame that allowed them to tilt from top to bottom to help control the ground air speed and also to serve as a warning to the pilots "hey pal, yer about to run outta concrete" ha!

Cool stuff Stan, You were only about 65 miles due west of me at the Lubbock airport.

Thurmond

SICFabrications
05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
50 psi max, they are fed from semi-trash pumps. the racks on top are to carry the flex pipe. what the manifold is for is when they are frac'ing the ground when drilling gas wells, they pump water under pressure intot he ground to "fracture" the rock layers to allow a better flow. the water transfer peeps pump water from local water sources like a lake, stream or pond and into a holding pond called a pit. from the pit, they pump water into the manifolds and outta there into the frac tanks. 2 10 inch butterfly valves in and 6-6 inchers out. the valve in the center is for if a pump fails, then open the valve to let 1 pump try to carry the full load. when they are frac'ing, they average 300 barrels of water per minute for 24 hours. thats 300 barrels (16,500 gallons) per minute for 24 hours which averages out to around 23 million gallons of water in a 24 hour time span... each job typically runs about 6 to 10-10 inch pumps all running full tilt just to try to keep up.... its all a really neat process until a pump goes down or a blown feed pipe then it looks like you just stomped a fire ant mound! ha!

Tritium
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I thought those looked vaguely familiar. Lots of oil activity around here lately. For years they said that there was no oil in the county I live in, until oil hit 80 plus dollars a barrel then oil wells sprung up EVERYWHERE, even in town nearby. They are drilling one not a 100 yards from my mothers back door.

Thurmond

samsberr
05-23-2011, 05:51 PM
50 psi max, they are fed from semi-trash pumps. the racks on top are to carry the flex pipe. what the manifold is for is when they are frac'ing the ground when drilling gas wells, they pump water under pressure intot he ground to "fracture" the rock layers to allow a better flow. the water transfer peeps pump water from local water sources like a lake, stream or pond and into a holding pond called a pit. from the pit, they pump water into the manifolds and outta there into the frac tanks. 2 10 inch butterfly valves in and 6-6 inchers out. the valve in the center is for if a pump fails, then open the valve to let 1 pump try to carry the full load. when they are frac'ing, they average 300 barrels of water per minute for 24 hours. thats 300 barrels (16,500 gallons) per minute for 24 hours which averages out to around 23 million gallons of water in a 24 hour time span... each job typically runs about 6 to 10-10 inch pumps all running full tilt just to try to keep up.... its all a really neat process until a pump goes down or a blown feed pipe then it looks like you just stomped a fire ant mound! ha!

That's just plain SIC...:)

SICFabrications
11-17-2011, 08:34 PM
just got another order for 5 more of these bad boys...... i dont like building them, they take 1 man a full week to build!

Bluesman
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Them things are huge. Almost as impressive as those big fans you did a while back.

gilly
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
just got another order for 5 more of these bad boys...... i dont like building them, they take 1 man a full week to build!

Yea,but i'm sure when they hand you the check that "i don't like building them" feeling flies out the window and that big grin appears.

SICFabrications
07-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Get to build 4 more of these dudes. Next stop, skid plates for ambulances.

undercut
07-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Get to build 4 more of these dudes. Next stop, skid plates for ambulances. Pretty cool. Nice to see the work coming and making some cash. Can't wait to see pics of the skid plates! Cheers.