PDA
View Full Version :

HF portable bandsaw.

Freddytk421
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Im going to test the HF portable bandsaw to "death". I don't think it will last judging by the sound. it's loud as hell for a bandsaw and squeaky but maybe it will last. it feels light and flimsy. but if it works light would be a good thing the loudness really bothers me because thats why I use a bandsaw so I don't have to wear earplugs for a little while so my ears can breath.
tHXDEbJ7_Vs
FdE51VuKZ0I

Icutone2
08-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Just a thought, have you adjuster the guide rollers?
Lee

gilly
08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Can you tell if it is motor noise or internal workings noise?

whitescout
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I have heard that you definately want to change the blade. The blade that comes with any of their saws suck.

Freddytk421
08-18-2010, 02:13 PM
It's louder than the milwaukee because it's more like a grinder motor and everyone knows those are loud. there are brushes for it. it's not bad with toilet paper in your ears lol. dudes this saw is good. maybe great. will tell you when and if it breaks.

Im a senior member so watch out you all.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

They come with a blade that looks like a metal cutting blade but they say it's a wood blade. it probably was supposed to be metal cutting but they sucked so bad that they just put that sticker on them saying it's wood cutting. Who cuts wood with one of these things?

UnfinishedProjects
12-08-2010, 07:31 AM
LOL. Did it break yet. I might try to take a portable bandsaw and make a nice mounted bandsaw with it since I can't afford one

Arcamm
12-08-2010, 09:30 AM
And did you ever change the blade? It might be one of those that HF did right.