PDA
View Full Version :

Hole diggers

poodle
07-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I was out digging post holes for the fence I am building yesterday and broke the handles out of my post hole diggers. These are the fiberglass handles. I like them better than the steel because they are a little bigger around and are just more comfortable to me. I carried them back to the store that I bought them at about 4yrs ago. The store has changed owners and brand name since then and they still stood behind the lifetime warranty. The man told me they would not work without a handle and gave me a new set. He told me the only thing was that as hot as it was today (100) they would probably overheat.

whitescout
07-15-2010, 06:06 AM
That is great when you can get product warrantied like it is supposed to. I hate it when the store tries to make me feel bad for returning something that doesn't work like it should, or breaks when it shouldn't

arandall
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Steve:
Here's hoping your post hole digger works betdter than mine. Every time I use mine - it finds rocks.

Cheers,
Art R.

poodle
07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey it worked great, I dug 19 holes in 3 1/2 hrs. It was in a yard around a pool so the ground was fairly soft and not a lot of rocks. The man was right tho the digger overheated about every other hole.

Buckcp
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Years ago we used to put in sheep tight and 4 and 5 strand barbwire using cedar and mesquite posts shipped up from texas at two bits a post, dug miles of postholes before we discovered T posts. Thanked the lord somebody invented something that easy to pound in the ground, and hang wire on also. Having said that, those two handled post hole diggers and a spud bar could a nice line of holes in very short time in good ground.

wellis77
08-11-2010, 04:36 AM
That's awesome! Seems like service like this is not as common as it once was.

Icutone2
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you got lucky with that return digger. My Fiskers brand diggers broke at the pivot point had to grind off the hubs and replace the bolt and re-weld it together. The store no longer carry that style of post hole diggers.
Lee

Buckcp
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
I used to use the two handled post hole digger, and one that had the two blades came down in a auger arangment with a single T handle you turned it with. That style worked great in sandy loam. But just a good spade shovel and spud bar could dig as pretty a hole as any comercial made post hole digger once you dug a few with it, and in hard/rocky ground nothing beat that combo.