PDA
View Full Version :

www.FREEWELDINGFORUM.com Updates

LONGEVITY
04-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I want to apologize for the forum being down and the lack of warning. With the forum getting big, we wanted to insure the future of posting here is not interrupted and moved to better servers.

As far as updates to the existing forum, they are still to come. We are adding new features which will allow users to access more information on welding.The big move is complete so the next updates should not interupt our service and the forum.

Thank you all for your continuous participation and being patient.

Simon
President of LONGEVITY

Gadget
04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
It was worth the wait, the forum should respond much better from now on. Thanks for all your efforts Simon.
Dan

arandall
04-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks Simon - your efforts are appreciated.

Cheers,
Art R.

jbman45
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Not sure of the improvements but the site seems to respond faster than before, thanks for updating so we can continue to have a good tool that helps us all improve our techniques and use of the equipment. Also gave us all a moment to appreciate how much we enjoy the forum....you don't realize that till it's all of a sudden gone!!

Dustendee
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I missed it but thanks for updating Simon! cheersicon

KHK
04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for everything!!!

tomsign
04-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks LONGEVITY

Gadget
04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Not sure of the improvements but the site seems to respond faster than before, thanks for updating so we can continue to have a good tool that helps us all improve our techniques and use of the equipment. Also gave us all a moment to appreciate how much we enjoy the forum....you don't realize that till it's all of a sudden gone!!

JBMAN,
The updates were not applied at this time. The change was just moving everything to a dedicated server. Updates are still in the works but should not bring the forum down for any significant amount of time.
The updates will bring the board up to the current release of the forum software and content management will be added to make it easier to have news feeds and such on the forum.

Memphis
04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Woo I thought the forum was down for good. Good to see it back

LONGEVITY
04-27-2010, 04:26 AM
You are all welcome. I cannot wait until the new phase is rolled out. I also missed the forum. Although, I dont post as often as I would like, I still check it everyday and see all the cool things you guys are building.

Keep it up! I know more people will join and the community will get stronger!

Bluesman
04-27-2010, 06:02 AM
The time/date stamp on the posts seems to be a little off.GreenSmoking

I saw where everyone has been posting for a few days according to the time/date post stamps and I was like daggum, I must have been the only one that couldn't get to the site until today... Then I posted and saw that it said I posted in the wee hours of this morning and right now it is nearly mid afternoon...

I hear twilight zone music playing in my head now.CoolMan

Gadget
04-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Bluesman,
The hosting service was notified of this right after the site was live again but haven't changed the server time yet. Soon I hope!
Dan

LONGEVITY
04-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I sent an email to administration and they are working on the problem. It has to do with hosting servers time setting and less with the site. Hopefully, we will be back on the clock shortly.

Freddytk421
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Put some more games in the arcade while you're at it. Some that are not lame would be nice.laughingicon

LONGEVITY
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Freddy,

You got it. If you find anything you like in particular by searching vbulletin games on google, please let me know. We can add them!