PDA
View Full Version :

Plasma cutter 1 Shiv 0

KHK
04-16-2010, 10:34 AM
That time of year! I was changing my snow thrower back to a lawn mower. Expecting it to be a 2 hr job. I was planing on putting a new chain on the snow thrower and nothing else. Well... while changing the chain I noticed that the inside bearing was bad. The shiv needed to be removed to get to the bearing. The shiv was frozen to the shaft. A puller just bent the shiv... The amount of room was limited, but the plasma cutter would just fit. See attached pictuer of the shiv. I was able to remove the shiv and save the shaft which is worth $85.00. It took 15 tons of frorce to remove the bearing. Now I am again waiting for PARTS!

arandall
04-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Ouch!! - But at least you got it apart. - Looks like I'm not the only one noticing that small jobs usually turn into big ones!

Cheers,
Art R.

Gadget
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Ouch!! - But at least you got it apart. - Looks like I'm not the only one noticing that small jobs usually turn into big ones!

Cheers,
Art R.

Tell me about it, I am going into my third day of fixing the running lights on the boat. Couldn't just be a bulb headbangerheadbanger

arandall
04-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Ain't it wonderful owning stuff!!!

Cheers,
Art R.

Icutone2
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
That sounds like Murphay's Law, takes 2 hours allow 12.
Lee

ISKI
08-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Keith, now your really making me miss my plasma cutter. Lately, I have been using the bandsaw, hacksaw, map torch, drills/mills, cold chissel, and sawzall. I think I got to the point where I was using the plasma cutter for everything. I almost used it once to light the candles on my sons birthday cake, but decided against it and used the map torch;)