PDA
View Full Version :

Caution: gas test switch

Brewer
04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Hello Plasma users, Here is a issue with my multi-purpose rig(LS-200P).
I don't know about other units, but mine has a gas test switch on the front control panel. I thought this manual switch only activated the air/gas solenoid, for purging the air lines? Turns out it also powers up the torch, I made the mistake of rolling up the torch & hose, hanging them on their rack, and then flipping the gas test switch to check for leaks. With the torch hanging among the hose, the start pulse burned a hole through the hose!
Don't get me wrong, I love the pulse start, BUT I won't make that mistake again!!!! Hope I'm the only dork that has pulled this one!! ...Trent

Gadget
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I didn't know that, thanks for sharing. I would contact Jesse to see what he will do about a replacement hose.

KHK
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I did not know that either. Never had a look at a 200P!! LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY.

Dustendee
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Good info man, a little goes a long way!!

arandall
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Trent:
Good tip. - everyone with that model should be aware of it.

Cheers,
Art R.

Brewer
04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I did contact Jessie after it happened, that's $149.00 for a replacement, managed a repair on mine seems to be holding okay, used it today. I'll probably use that money for gas, I'm due for argon & argon/co2...........Trent

ROKLIMO
04-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Seems strange that the gas test switch does the same thing as the switch on the torch. Why even have it?

KHK
05-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Seems strange that the gas test switch does the same thing as the switch on the torch. Why even have it?

Yes I agree:smile:

Brewer
05-01-2010, 03:40 AM
I agree that this switch seems of questionable value?? But it may fall in the category of "buttons & whistles"!! I think these units are in a constant state of development, as with this model (LS-200P) there is no 2T/4T switch, this could leave an empty hole, but as we all know more is better, so find a use for the hole? Another example, digital display, this model(LS-200P) does not display anything on the digital display, until you pull the trigger, which is normally when my hood is down, so how much value is that?? But it looks impressive, there in lies the value "buttons & whistles"!!........Trent

Icutone2
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the advice sorry you had to find out the hard way. I was hoping to find something like that on the 250PI purge would be handy.
Lee