PDA
View Full Version :

New helmet

ROKLIMO
04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I just got my Advanced series auto darkening helmet in last week. It is a nice unit and works well. Still trying to find that happy spot where the hood will stay up until I want it down. Have to tighten it often.

arandall
04-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Rocklimo:
I had a similar problemn with my helmet not staying up. - Do a search on "Longevity Elite helmet problem" if you would like to see my solution.

Cheers,
Art R.

KHK
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Art R, I have two helmets, both Longevity, the oldest one is starting to get loose. I will try your fix and let you know how it works for me..

ROKLIMO
04-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Rocklimo:
I had a similar problemn with my helmet not staying up. - Do a search on "Longevity Elite helmet problem" if you would like to see my solution.

Cheers,
Art R.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

stickomatic
07-12-2010, 10:27 PM
You know the amazing thing about these advanced helmets to me is the price . When I started factory welding / fabricating back in the '80's I wanted an auto-darkening helmet and paid over $300 for my old jackson Stickomatic

ISKI
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Still waiting for mine, ordered the elite carbon over a week ago. I'll have to check the tracking number soon;) Now I will have four masks one old style, and 3 auto.

wellis77
08-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Not to hijack too much, but what are the differences or advantages with the helmets? I have the budget HF helmet and am thinking about getting a better helmet. I've looked at a few of the longevity helmets and the prices are good, but I don't seem too many differences. Is it the level of adjustability in how dark or light they are, speed to dark, etc? It seems most of the viewing areas are the same size. Just curious.

Gadget
08-10-2010, 07:34 AM
I know the top line Longevity units have grinder mode, you get protection but it doesn't go dark when sparks are present.

wellis77
08-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Grinder mode. That's worth the extra price in itself. I may have to think about that. I really dislike having to change everything up when I start grinding.

ISKI
08-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I think, speed of switching, battery or solar, size of viewing area and additional filters are the main differences. I like the solar, and will use a strong light at night to allow it to work well. I also think that the extra light keeps it on when you start and stop while allowing one to see something.