PDA
View Full Version :

For old car fans

matteh99
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
YouTube - Mauris ultrices dignissim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGyviolpZ8)

This is a video of one of the cars that I am working on at the antique car place.

Gadget
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Awesome old car Eric. Thanks for sharing.

KHK
04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice NICE!!

2rods
04-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Very Cool!

arandall
04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
What a gorgeous car. And if I'm not mistaken they were mighty quick on the road too.
Was it you driving? Who ever it was - they're pretty good with the shifts. - Double clutching??
What a hoot. - wish it was me.

Cheers,
Art R.

matteh99
04-10-2010, 05:17 PM
The guy driving is the owner of the shop. He is double clutching and all that sort of good stuff. The car is a three speed with straight gears, they are nicely rounded after many many years of getting shifted :) We topped out at around 65mph according to the speedo on the car.

I haven't asked to drive any of the cars and he hasn't offered. While it looks fun the idea of driving someone else's very rare old car makes me a bit nervous... :) When ever I machine a part from one of them I feel like I should save the chips.

Eric

bhardy501
04-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Way to cool.

arandall
06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Eric:

I jusst watched that video again - I keep going back to it. What a gorgeous old car.

Youčre luciky to geo to work on it.

Cheers,
Art R.

Ascinder
11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
That car is too cool. I love the sound. In the part of the video of the engine running, I keep waiting for a little cuckoo bird to pop out :) and is that a copper exhaust manifold or is it intake? Looked like exhaust to me, but who knows. Also, I love the leather belt that holds down the engine bay doors, that's classic. During Hot August Nights(a fairly large classic car event here in Reno) we get a lot of neat vehicles, but never the turnout I'd like to see for these really old machines. You really are lucky to get to play with that.

gilly
11-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Sweet sounding engine.Man,suspension has come a long way since then hasn't it.I bet it is fun to drive.

matteh99
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
That car is too cool. I love the sound. In the part of the video of the engine running, I keep waiting for a little cuckoo bird to pop out :) and is that a copper exhaust manifold or is it intake? Looked like exhaust to me, but who knows. Also, I love the leather belt that holds down the engine bay doors, that's classic. During Hot August Nights(a fairly large classic car event here in Reno) we get a lot of neat vehicles, but never the turnout I'd like to see for these really old machines. You really are lucky to get to play with that.

There aren't very many of this type of car around any more. There are only 30 or so good ones. You will just have to get a really old car and start bringing it :)

ISKI
11-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Nice car, some day when I own a house again vs. rent it will be mostly garage. I have a 1937 DKW that is in need of major TLC.

UnfinishedProjects
12-12-2010, 07:58 AM
The older the better. I would so cruise that thing.

matteh99
12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
ISKI, I just looked up the DKW. It's a nice looking car. On cars that old there is no such thing as a small project. :)