PDA
View Full Version :

got my LS-200pi hooked up today

manitou
02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm new to welding but got an hour lesson with a friend that knows what he's doing. I went through one filler rod on his machine. I've since got my machine hooked up and just tried it out. I'm only interested in welding aluminum right now (boat projects). The arch seems much wider then it should be. I'm pretty happy with the results though. The weld seems strong enough for my needs, although not pretty. I'm sure it'll get prettier with practice. I just wanted to post up a little proof that it can weld aluminum. I didn't take any pictures after brushing it with a SS brush, but it's really not half bad.... for being my 2nd time welding ever.

manitou
02-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm going to start reading how to reduce the "cleaning" and get a more focused arch. Seems real wide right now.. of course messing up the tip left adn right didn't help.. how the heck does anyone stay steady enough? decaf? ;)

manitou
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
also.. looks liek they changed the packaging method from what I saw on the review. The acc. package was inside the box for mine. However, the air preasure adj. knob was rattling around loose when I'm got here too. Like the reviewed, it was easy re-screw it down and secure it again.
no biggie.

Gadget
02-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Very nice for your first AL welding. Much better than my first AL.
Looks like the packing is much improved, that should help reduce shipping damage. Just more proof that Longevity is constantly trying to improve their products and delivery method.

jbman45
02-13-2010, 09:56 PM
For a first time welder I'd say you're doing great, just more practice. Don't run cleaning over 30 to start and see if that helps focus your arc.

Enjoy...

KHK
02-13-2010, 11:35 PM
For the first time I think that the welds look GREAT!!! Smaller cup and amperage will focus the arc, also lower the cleaning as mentioned above.