PDA
View Full Version :

Free LONGEVITY ForceCut 80 - 80amp plasma cuter contest

LONGEVITY
01-27-2010, 11:59 PM
HI Guys,

CONTEST UNTIL MARCH 31st 2010

Last time we gave away our LONGEVITY WeldAll 200PI. Our current contest will last two months and will feature the LONGEVITY FORCECUT 80 (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_7/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-80.php)

http://www.longevity-inc.com/images/products/large/P_253_631.jpeg (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_7/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-80.php)

This LONGEVITY 80amp plasma cutter capable of cutting up to 1 1/2" which is perfect for CNC table installation and cutting thick metal. We will also include a kit of consumables.

The Requirements:

1. A total of 50 additional posts. You will need to state our current count of posts in this thread.

2. You will need to have an AVATAR (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/welding-forum-advice-questions-suggestions/1003-avatars-signatures-how-do-i-avatar.html).

3. You will need to have a SIGNATURE (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/welding-forum-advice-questions-suggestions/1003-avatars-signatures-how-do-i-avatar.html) stating what equipment you have or what equipment you previously used.

4. You will need to add an additional 5 pictures of your work or future projects to our Picture Gallery (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/gallery/).

The Winner Will be Announced March 31st 2010 via video. The winner will also have to add themselves to the try before you buy program (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/try-before-you-buy-program/) featured on our forum, they must keep the unit for 1 year from the end date of the contest, and the winner will have to show at least 4 pictures of the machine in action on our welding projects and pictures (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/welding-projects-pictures/) section. Once you have met all 4 requirements, please DEMAND to enter!

We hope to have more entries with a smaller requirement in posts.

Uncle Ed
01-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Blah.

Not enough knobs on it for me.

jbman45
01-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Hey, another great contest and something I can use to move up to the "Big Stuff". The contests are great, thanks for another chance for a great piece of equipment.....even though there aren't as many knobs as my 200PI !!

matteh99
01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
To bad it doesn't have Pilot arc, that would be nice for CNC.

Still a really nice machine and I will definitely try to win it :)

Oh and I will need 373 posts for the contest, shouldn't be a problem.

Eric

BearNPum
01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Well, here we go - I currently have 189 posts, so headed for 239. Could put this to use I'm sure.

LONGEVITY
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey, another great contest and something I can use to move up to the "Big Stuff". The contests are great, thanks for another chance for a great piece of equipment.....even though there aren't as many knobs as my 200PI !!

Eric,

Actually, Gadget has the same unit on here and he has a wiring method to make it full pilot arc with the CNC and uses our ForceCut 80 as the main unit for his CNC machine. It will function like any other cutter on the market.

KHK
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

I am sure that Simon could super glue some extra knobs all over the machine!!!

weldingtwopotatoes
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Here we go again, I have to make it to 204 posts. Good luck everyone.

arandall
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
My current count of posts is 357

Art R.

Hamstn
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Looks like I am at 137 posts right now. Couple projects in the plan so should be another fun contest but may not be able to list certain equipment

frijoli
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Looks like I am at 137 posts right now. Couple projects in the plan so should be another fun contest but may not be able to list certain equipment

157 for me. If work and junk doesn't get in the way I'm in.

torqueman
01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow another contest all ready? You guys rock! 50 post should be a breeze. I'll set this one out since I got the last one. Good luck to everyone.

jbman45
01-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Guess we have to state our current amount of posts when the contest came out? That's 161 for me! so off to 211 to qualify! Good luck to all....

Gadget
01-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Blah.

Not enough knobs on it for me.

Oh but the POWER should compensate nicely for the lack of knobs.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

To bad it doesn't have Pilot arc, that would be nice for CNC.

Still a really nice machine and I will definitely try to win it :)

Oh and I will need 373 posts for the contest, shouldn't be a problem.

Eric

Eric,
I use the LP80 on my CNC and find the pilot arc is not needed. If you use a pilot arc torch and ground the pilot arc wire to the ground cable the torch works great and starts off metal with no problem. You will want to make the torch tip run about .080 off the metal. Also start the pierce at about .125 and have it ramp down as it pierces.
Dan

bhardy501
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I can do this one. I am in.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Looks like 196 posts. 246 Here we come

matteh99
02-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Guess we have to state our current amount of posts when the contest came out? That's 161 for me! so off to 211 to qualify! Good luck to all....

You don't have to say your starting number of posts to enter. I started saying the number I need to get to when the contests first start. Other wise I forget where I started and don't know if I am on pace to get enough posts. 50 posts should be easy enough if I don't get to busy. I haven't had much time to weld the past few months.

Eric

Bikespot
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Ill join , should be able to reach 50 posts.

At 106 posts currently

Sasquach
02-03-2010, 05:44 AM
a post count at 1, 50 more sightings to go, a tad shy so it will be tough going

inot
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Another contest already!
106 posts here..
It's been too cold to work in the garage lately, I'll need to get back at it soon if I'm going to post some more photos.

Gadget
02-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Another contest already!
106 posts here..
It's been too cold to work in the garage lately, I'll need to get back at it soon if I'm going to post some more photos.

I just spent $200.00 on propane for heating my garage. I gotta get going on the waste oil heater.

weldingtwopotatoes
02-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Here we go again, I have to make it to 204 posts. Good luck everyone.

I don't want to get disqualified on a technicality, in my previous post I stated the post count I needed to get to but not where I was starting from. So just in case, I started with 154 posts at the beginning of the contest.

SpyGuy
02-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Well I have zero prior posts so I have to make it to 50 (and 5 photos!).

Looks like I have my work cut out for me... a plasma cutter sure would help! :mrgreen:

Gadget
02-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Well I have zero prior posts so I have to make it to 50 (and 5 photos!).

Looks like I have my work cut out for me... a plasma cutter sure would help! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum SpyGuy. Please post an intro in that section of the forum so we can get to know you. I'm sure you will have time to get the 50 posts in and I look forward to reading them.
Again welcome,
Dan

Kiwimike
02-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I've got some serious catching up to do. I had better get cracking if I want more than my Harbor Freight special to cut steel with.

Gadget
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
If they had wood welding rods I'd be a great Carpenter!
Mike, they are called hot melt glue sticks. ;-)

Kiwimike
02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
The trouble is hot glue sticks won't fill a 1/2" gap.

Bluesman
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I have no posts yet so I would say that my current post count would be 0. Only 49 more to go.

Kiwimike
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I have another 10 projects to start should I win the Plasma Cutter and I will have to take 3 months off work to get them done. I now have 44 posts and counting.

Bluesman
03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I believe I have met all the requirements nowtwothumbsup... PLEASE, put me in!!!!CoolMan

Simon, you guys rock!

Bluesman
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM
That was my "DEMAND" to be enteredtoothorn But, "DEMAND" is such a demanding phrase, so I respectfully request to be added to the list of qualified qualifiers for this exciting contest.

that is all.

arandall
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Very well spoken there Bluesman!

Art R.

Kiwimike
03-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I have fulfilled all the requirements for this competition, over 50 posts and 14 photos with 3 new threads showing complete or partially completed projects. Please enter me into the drawing for the Plasma Cutter. Thank you.

Bluesman
03-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Did we have to have 3 threads for projects?

Gadget
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Did we have to have 3 threads for projects?

Not according to this;

The Requirements:

1. A total of 50 additional posts. You will need to state our current count of posts in this thread.

2. You will need to have an AVATAR.

3. You will need to have a SIGNATURE stating what equipment you have or what equipment you previously used.

4. You will need to add an additional 5 pictures of your work or future projects to our Picture Gallery.

Kiwimike
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey Bluesman, sorry for the confusion. I just added the 3 threads part hoping to gain some extra bonus brownie points. I'm not sure it worked. You caught me out.

Bikespot
03-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll join , im a little late but ill try at least.

109 posts

Dustendee
03-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Well I was at 5 posts when i started so 55 and Im there!!

Dustendee
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I believe I have met all the requirements for the contest, so I Demand to be entered please.
My post count at the beginning of the contest was (0), and my current count is (55) and counting , I have added a AVATAR , SIGNATURE and have added the reqired PHOTOS to the gallery

Gadget
03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey we're getting close to the drawing. Good luck everybody, the LP80 is an awesome machine.
Dan

Freddytk421
03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
This is my 50th post. I don't have any pic in the gallery but do vids count? those are like thousands and thousands of individual pictures if you think about it.laughingicon If not I can take my phone out to the scrap heap and take a few shots of some cool half done works.GreenSmile

Gadget
03-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Half done work by phone photos will do Freddy. The idea is to get everyone comfortable with the gallery I think. Besides, we really want to see what you have been working on. Might fuel the idea for the next project (as if I need another one)

tomsign
03-26-2010, 04:24 AM
along for the ride. started posting for the 1st time yesterday 03/26/10
(really don't do contests) so I guess I would need more then 50
Tomsign

arandall
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I believe I have met all the requirements for the contest, so I Demand to be entered please. My post count at the beginning of the contest was 357, and my current count is 439, and I have added pictures to the gallery, if that is the information you needed. Thanks,
Art R.

tomsign
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I also believe I have met all the requirements for the contest, so I Demand to be entered please.
My post count at the beginning of the contest was (0), and my current count is (51) and counting , I have added a AVATAR , SIGNATURE and have added the reqired PHOTOS to the gallery, and have also inroled in the Try Before You Buy Program
first Forum site I ever was on, Like the site and guys, should have gotten involved way back instead of just reading, so now I'm HOOKED
TOMSIGN

Bluesman
03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I also believe I have met all the requirements for the contest, so I Demand to be entered please.
My post count at the beginning of the contest was (0), and my current count is (51) and counting , I have added a AVATAR , SIGNATURE and have added the reqired PHOTOS to the gallery, and have also inroled in the Try Before You Buy Program
first Forum site I ever was on, Like the site and guys, should have gotten involved way back instead of just reading, so now I'm HOOKED
TOMSIGN
If there was an ADHD award you would win it dude. Over 50 posts in less than 72 hoursapplaud...

I was a little hyper when I signed on and often felt like I would NEVER be able to make the post requirement without having to talk to myselfcursingicon... But thanks to a few of the regular guys on here I was able to make it. It sure has been a lot more fun and engaging the last few days with more posts and activity being made. I guess the closer to the end of a contest it gets, the more participation there is.

I like it when it is active and hope it stays that way and not just go back to a crawl after the contest. It is always exciting to see what others are saying and posting about. When you are like me and are trying to learn and absorb all you can, it really helps when there is a buffet of information flying around!

So, everyone please keep the activity up and perhaps this place will be hopping before long!CoolMan

Gadget
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I second that thought Bluesman.

Dustendee
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Great work tomsign! and thanks for your advise in the "trying for a decent bead" thread.
this place is pretty addicting once you get started.................so many great minds in one place.

tomsign
03-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks Dustendee and I 3rd that. and Bluesman
it is always nice for us ADHD folks to have aplace to go or something to do.
but bottom line comes down to helping each other and getting to the solution
along with Fun

matteh99
03-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Wahoo I made the requirements and I demand to be entered into the contest.

This time was a bit tougher even though the requirements were easier because I was a lot busier this time. :) School, jobs, and a new GF take time away from welding forums..

Eric

Hamstn
03-30-2010, 08:34 PM
I think I have met the requirements so I demand to be entered. Thanks for another great giveaway Longevity

Gadget
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Good luck everybody. Sleep well, tomorrow is the deadline.

Bluesman
03-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Did I win yet?applaudtwothumbsupcheersicon
GreenSmoking

Bluesman
03-31-2010, 02:15 PM
The suspense is killing me.

Gadget
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Last time it took a week for Simon to go over all the entries to insure they were complete.

barracuda
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
When I talked with Dan the other day he said I was all set for the contest but I figured I also put in my demand to be entered into the contest.

jbman45
03-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Good luck everyone, I held back this time and didn't enter since I didn't really need the prize so better odds for you all! But next contest watch out! Hope you all are finally enjoying summer as well, just arrived here in Texas!

LONGEVITY-SALES
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank you all for participating in the freeweldingforum plasma cutter giveaway! Entries are under processing at the moment and we are expecting to have the results of the contest within a week or so. If you have any questions about your entry or this contest, please email or call us.

Thank you all for participating in the FREEWELDINGFORUM plasma cutter giveaway! ...Good luck!

8O8OCoolMan 8O8O8O8O8O eek2icon 8O8Ocheersicon 8O8O8O8O8O CoolMan 8O8O eek2icon 8O8O eek2icon

Bluesman
04-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Any word yet? I been a nervous wreck all day trying to get the IRS stuff in order, classes have been wild, son having minor ear surgery.... I need a cigarette and a strong drink.cheersiconGreenSmoking

Dustendee
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Here in the Marine Corps we like to call this "Hurry up and Wait" LOL

Gadget
04-06-2010, 07:06 PM
We did the same in the Army too. ;-)

SpyGuy
04-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank you all for participating in the freeweldingforum plasma cutter giveaway! Entries are under processing at the moment and we are expecting to have the results of the contest within a week or so. If you have any questions about your entry or this contest, please email or call us.

I think it would be helpful if you posted a list of all those who met the eligibility requirements and are in the contest (or send them a PM).

Dustendee
04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey theres a good idea, but I think it would make the process go evan slower having to send out two notices insted of one.

Bluesman
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I ain't got no fingernails leftCoolMan

matteh99
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
The quickest way to get results would be to just pick someone from the group that demanded to enter and then verify if they made the requirements. If they don't then their name gets thrown out and a new one is drawn.

It would really suck to have your name drawn and then get rejected but it would teach you to be careful about the requirements :)

Bluesman
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
The quickest way to get results would be to just pick someone from the group that demanded to enter and then verify if they made the requirements. If they don't then their name gets thrown out and a new one is drawn.

It would really suck to have your name drawn and then get rejected but it would teach you to be careful about the requirements :)
Yeah, but the requirements were laid out very concise and easily understandable. There shouldn't be any question as to whether you met the requirements if everything listed was done. Ray Charles should be able to see that one GreenCool

LOL

Gadget
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
The last contest the qualified entrants were listed in a post for all to see. Also at the time of the drawing all entrants names were given as their slip was put in the drawing.
Simon will most likely do a video of the drawing again and post it for all to see. This should be coming soon.

LONGEVITY
04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys,

We will be announcing the winner on Sunday. Sorry for the delay. The new contest will also come out shortly and will be one of the best contests we offered to date.

We cannot wait to announce the winner of the ForceCut 80amp Plasma Cutter!

Thank you all for your patience.

Simon

Bluesman
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Dude, you absolutley, positively, without a doubt ROCK!!!!!

twothumbsuprockonicon

Bluesman
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Can't wait until the NEXT contest is announcedtwothumbsup

I'm stoked... so... just in case I don't win this one, I got some pics of stuff I been working on I'm gonna post up AFTER the new contest starts...CoolMan

Dustendee
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Even though I know Im not going to win the suspense is exciting.......................

Bluesman
04-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Today is the day right?

Gadget
04-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Simon said today but I don't know what time.

Dustendee
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................Maybe tomorrow

LONGEVITY
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys,

We are working on the random selection right now. We were going to do another video but have been very busy keeping up with sales and fulfilling orders. I will have the list of qualified shortly, and then winner as well!CoolMan

LONGEVITY
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
HI Everyone,

Thanks for the wait! I wanted to post yesterday, but for some reason I have not been able to access our website from home. eek2icon

I did an amateur video of the contest on our conference desk with each name added. I will have the video uploaded after when we convert it to a smaller size file.

Regardless, the 13 qualified members were:

Barracuda
Dustendee
Freddytk421
Kiwimike
Tomsign
Frijoli
Inot
Bikespot
Bluesman
Matteh99
SpyGuy
Arandall
Hamstn

The winner is: TomSign rockonicon

Congrats to the winner and thank you all for playing. TomSign, please PM us with your billing address and information. The next contest should be coming this week. We are waiting on photos from the new products. I will have the contest up as soon as the photos are released with our newest and baddest welding and cutting equipment. For those who did not win but qualify, will receive 25% off any products on our website up till 1 week from this post. Please call us for the discount. We really appreciate you guys on this forum. Also, we have some big surprises coming soon!

Thanks again guys for being a FREEWELDINGFORUM.com member and making this place resourceful and useful to everyone. The new contest will blow you off your feet and will be the biggest offer to date!

Best,

Simon
President of LONGEVITY patrioticon

Dustendee
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Congratulations Tomsign!!!

Gadget
04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Congratulations from me too Tomsign.

Bluesman
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Congratulations Tom!

Bluesman
04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
CongratsTomsign!

barracuda
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Tomsigncheersicon

tomsign
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
UNBELIEVABLE, FIRST THING I EVER WON!!!
THANKS LONGEVITY
AND MANY THANKS TO GADGET WHO KEPT TELLING ME TO ENTER
AND THANKS TO EVERYONE ELSE FOR HELPING MAKE A GREAT FORUM
since I started post here I've learned stuff and also hoped, I help someone
THANKS TO ALL
Tomsign
P.S. kind of in a DAZE!

arandall
04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Congrats from me too Tomsign!. Have fun with it.

Cheers,
Art R.

Hamstn
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Just another congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy.applaud

KHK
04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Contgrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy post some pictures

Memphis
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Congrats, enjoy your prize!

tomsign
04-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Keith ,
will do, first thing will be probily the charcoal grill insert, for the fire grill along side the Pavillion, grabbed my 1st load of fire brick the other day, I can only haul 950 lbs. in my Dodge Caliber at a time, should be interesting, like the cart/Pavillion I don't have any plans for it either, will see how it comes out

matteh99
04-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Congratulations :)

I didn't win again but there will be another contest soon I hope :)

LONGEVITY
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Guys,

We will have another contest shortly. I am hoping to show you something this week! The next unit we will offer sure will get some blood boiling!

Bluesman
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys,

We will have another contest shortly. I am hoping to show you something this week! The next unit we will offer sure will get some blood boiling!
I hope it is an ac/dc tig, stick, mig, plasma cutter, generator/welder and oxy-acetylene torch all up in one big ol unit.

What ya say?GreenSmoking

KHK
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
If that would be the prize I would enter!!!!

Dustendee
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
bet you'd have to post 100 times and have 20 pics but that would be one hell of a prize!!

tomsign
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
jut recieved the contest LP-80 Plasma Cutter yesterdayCoolMan
thanks to Gadget for giving me sizes, the cart was redisigned for it to fit, awesome looking Machine. can't waite till I get to run it, it will be about a week or so, will give updates and photos, also going to try to do some Videos on it. Still can not get over that I Won somethingtwothumbsup
Tomsign

KHK
04-24-2010, 02:58 AM
This is the BEST forum ever!

22lambo
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
This is the BEST forum ever!

After being here for a couple of days, I couldn't agree more! Free stuff, awesome people, and so much about welding and these machines twothumbsup

Bluesman
05-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I am VERY eagerly awaiting the next contest!

Dustendee
05-18-2010, 07:41 AM
You and me both.....................applaud

LONGEVITY
05-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi Guys,

Its coming. I promise. We are waiting for the photos to release the new prize.

Stay tuned! patrioticon

22lambo
05-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Its coming. I promise. We are waiting for the photos to release the new prize.

Stay tuned! patrioticon
Can't wait to get my new welder so I can start welding stuff up! :D

Gadget
05-18-2010, 01:49 PM
You will be creating welding projects in your dreams Lambo. Just cannot find enough welding to play with these fantastic units.

22lambo
05-18-2010, 01:51 PM
You will be creating welding projects in your dreams Lambo. Just cannot find enough welding to play with these fantastic units.

You are getting to excited! I still haven't received my machine haha

Gadget
05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I know but once you start playing with it believe me, you will be thinking up projects in your dreams.