PDA
View Full Version :

Differences between models

inot
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
What are the internal differences between models within the D series?

I assume that they all share some common assemblies. What would it take to make a 416D perform like its big brothers?

matteh99
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
My guess would be that it has to do with the size or number of mosfetts inside. My 520D has 12 mosfets 6 on each side. (at least I assume that's what they are) I don't know how many the 416 or 418 have inside or if they have the same number of mosfets but a different type.

I would imagine if you were a electrical engineer you could tweek the welder to put out more power but you would make it run hotter and possibly blow it up. I am not screwing with my 520 for at least 4.5 years when the warranty runs out :).

Eric

inot
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
My guess would be that it has to do with the size or number of mosfetts inside. My 520D has 12 mosfets 6 on each side. (at least I assume that's what they are) I don't know how many the 416 or 418 have inside or if they have the same number of mosfets but a different type.

I would imagine if you were a electrical engineer you could tweek the welder to put out more power but you would make it run hotter and possibly blow it up. I am not screwing with my 520 for at least 4.5 years when the warranty runs out :).

Eric

I was mostly asking out of curiosity. I'm not interested in trashing a new machine or voiding my warranty either.:)