PDA
View Full Version :

New Years Eve

inot
12-31-2009, 08:09 PM
My wife and I left the house at the last minute at 5 PM for the 5:30 First Night parade in Boston. We found free parking on the street only 4 blocks from the parade, walked all along the parade route, saw some ice sculptures, watched the fireworks at 7 PM on the Common, and were back home and off the roads before 9 PM.
Maybe we will get crazy and top off our wild night with some hot cocoa!

itsmecord
12-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, good to hear that you got to do something..........My wife and I are just sitting here each of us reading,I however took a break....it's bean over 2 years since I've read a book not to mention,that this makes the second of the series since yesterday afternoon. That makes something like 900-1000 pages.

torqueman
01-01-2010, 07:34 AM
For me at least once I got to a certain age new years is just another day. I don't have any expectations that this year will be any different.

Hamstn
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I am with you torqueman. One thing I did do differently this year is I was still awake at midnight.

BearNPum
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Me too, actually stayed up till midnight this year. Watched movies, and played some games to pass the time.

inot
01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Me too, actually stayed up till midnight this year. Watched movies, and played some games to pass the time.

I found a site that was streaming the Dick Clark New Year's Eve show from Times Square in time to see the ball drop.

It is Kind of sad to see Dick Clark so messed up from the stroke, but I think that it is good that he can get out there and work despite his troubles.

arandall
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
As for me - it was the same as always. Patti and I have had a New Year's Eve party for us and all our oldest friends for at least 25 years now if not more. - - The same old friends every time - usually about 15 to 20 of us, and there's no way I would have it any other way. As usual, for at least a half hour or so, most of the guys end up in my shop, BSing and so on, but then we end up with drinks and good home baked food, done by my wife and the other ladies in the best fashion, sitting by the fire in our sun-room. Someone always takes the "designated driver " role for driving home. - It may sound a bit corny, but these friends are the real deal, and it's important to keep in touch.

I'm pretty sure any of you guys would fit right in, and I know you would be welcome.

Cheers, and Happy New Year:
Art R.

Gadget
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
That sounds like a perfect way to ring in the new year Art.