PDA
View Full Version :

Test cut of the Longevity P80 CNC plasma torch.

Gadget
12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I made a test cut in 3/16" plate with the new Longevity P80 CNC plasma torch today. Air pressure was 65PSI current at 55 amps. The table didn't like the cold and was losing steps at higher speeds so I had to rachet it down quite a bit. Still, very little bevel to the circle (curcle cuts are more prone to bevel cuts) and very little slag. I am impressed and happy with the torch.
I upgraded my video editing software and now it loses audio randomly. I guess I will have to roll back to the older version.

KxzYCAygEao

LONGEVITY
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Very nice images Dan. Thank you for sharing. Have you tried to increase the PSI to see if there is any difference?

Gadget
12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Not yet Simon, it was cold out there today and I ran out of propane for the heater. I will try different settings as I use it and will post the results.

KHK
12-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Looks great Gadget!! I think I will start collecting parts for a CNC

robert
12-28-2009, 04:36 AM
i'm building a wood stove for my dads shed and it took 3 trys to get a 3'' circle cut for the vent needless to say did'nt look as good as yours

Hamstn
12-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Looks very nice Gadget, but one question. In the third picture that says "rotated 180 degrees" I see what appears to be the start and finish on the right side and they are off by just a bit. What is the cause of that?

BearNPum
12-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Looking good! Better start reading my CNC materials.

Gadget
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Looks very nice Gadget, but one question. In the third picture that says "rotated 180 degrees" I see what appears to be the start and finish on the right side and they are off by just a bit. What is the cause of that?

There is supposed to be an arch lead in and lead out that intersect. The part dropped out before it completed the arch out. If my table had the grid structure under the material it wouldn't have dropped out and would have completed the cut without the little tip. I have to come up with a grid that can be removed easily when I want to do routing functions.