PDA
View Full Version :

Just ordered a helmet.

torqueman
12-26-2009, 05:41 PM
After using Gadgets helmet today I'm sold on the Longevity helmet. I just ordered one for my self. It will be great to see what I am doing for a change.

Gadget
12-26-2009, 05:45 PM
See what you are doing, yes. Know what you are doing....not so much
Just kidding, it was just too easy ;-) ;-)

torqueman
12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Easy and true. :)

junes
12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Auto darkening just helps so much. I didn't have one for years and I only use my passive helmet on occasion. And I thought I would never use it.

KHK
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Welding using brale is tough on the fingers.

bhardy501
01-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I wish they would come up with a gold lense for auto darkening. I would be completely sold on them. I have a Lincoln AD helmet I really like it but i miss the clarity of the Gold lens in my old faithful Jacksons.

torqueman
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
It just was delivered today. I have not had a chance to try it yet but it sure is a lot better made than my other one.

Uncle Ed
01-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Just hope you don't find that you liked your welds better when you coudln't see them, like me :)

KHK
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Keep in mind that the auto darking helmets become flakey at loe temps. Keep your old helmet for those cold weather welding jobs.

Kiwimike
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I just ordered the latest and greatest helmet Longevity sell. I'm looking forward to seeing stuff I've never seen before. There is no substitute for great vision.

LONGEVITY
03-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the order kiwimike,

I believe the helmet was shipped today. Those are our best welding masks and you will not be disappointed!

Kiwimike
03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I can't wait, I'm going to pitch my tent right beside the mailbox and camp out until arrives.

tjjolle
08-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Can anybody share your experience with an Elite? Im running a Harbor Freight Helmet that seems to do good. Is it worth the money to upgrade?

SICFabrications
08-27-2010, 10:49 PM
which elite are you talking about? i have both digital and analog elites from miller...they are pretty good lids, but there are also some things that i do not like about them... ask me (if these are the ones you are seeking advice about)

tjjolle
08-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I was talking about the Longevity Brand (I.E. Carbon Fiber Elite, or ever the PRO models for that matter). Since Ive never forked out the cash for a nice helmet, it would be nice to have some lamens terms versus a specifications page to tell me why I should buy it. The money isnt really a problem for me, as long as its worth it. Doing this for a living, Im sure you can give me some great suggestions one what I should be (I must admit, I like having some of the best....).
which elite are you talking about? i have both digital and analog elites from miller...they are pretty good lids, but there are also some things that i do not like about them... ask me (if these are the ones you are seeking advice about)

SICFabrications
09-03-2010, 12:23 AM
sorry, taun. just lookin over old posts and saw this one that i didnt answer to... i have 0 experience with longevity lids, but have used tons of others. the jackson nexgen, miller elite, speedglass9100 are all 3 $300+ lids. this is what i like and dislike about each one.

jackson imo has the most durable lens. high and low temps both the jackson seems to be the least affected. the throat guard is short and also not big enough in general. the head gear sux too

miller's elite is the lightest and largest window. what i truly LOVE about it is this... im kinda a tall fella and the miller hoods have a longer throat guard (meaning i dont get nuclear sunburns on my adam's apple) the head gear is wonderful, and the actual hood itself extends back around my big head so as to block light at my peripherals too. i own 2 elite hoods both analog and digital, and these are the ones that i reach for 99% of the time

speedglass is heavy, and they have a real wide viewing lens, i see too much of the work and get lost as to where the weld seam is. i got hit head on by a drunk driver back in '98 and heavy hoods are a real pain in my neck, even after all this time

fibre-metal <----- boooooooooo, me no likey. too heavy, bulky and funny lookin

i have an arc-one falcon with an auto singles in it. it wicked light, non adjustable shade and small viewing area. i burned my eyes more than you would like to think using that one..... but its light...lol

soon, i will be able to give a comparison on the elite hood from longevity for you

tjjolle
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks Stan. I think Ill probably go with the Miller Elite or of course the Longevity model (Ill wait to hear what you think). I think the big window is something that sounds appealing after using my Harbor Freight model all this time.....

Arcamm
11-19-2010, 02:20 PM
sorry, taun. just lookin over old posts and saw this one that i didnt answer to... i have 0 experience with longevity lids, but have used tons of others. the jackson nexgen, miller elite, speedglass9100 are all 3 $300+ lids. this is what i like and dislike about each one.

jackson imo has the most durable lens. high and low temps both the jackson seems to be the least affected. the throat guard is short and also not big enough in general. the head gear sux too

miller's elite is the lightest and largest window. what i truly LOVE about it is this... im kinda a tall fella and the miller hoods have a longer throat guard (meaning i dont get nuclear sunburns on my adam's apple) the head gear is wonderful, and the actual hood itself extends back around my big head so as to block light at my peripherals too. i own 2 elite hoods both analog and digital, and these are the ones that i reach for 99% of the time

speedglass is heavy, and they have a real wide viewing lens, i see too much of the work and get lost as to where the weld seam is. i got hit head on by a drunk driver back in '98 and heavy hoods are a real pain in my neck, even after all this time

fibre-metal <----- boooooooooo, me no likey. too heavy, bulky and funny lookin

i have an arc-one falcon with an auto singles in it. it wicked light, non adjustable shade and small viewing area. i burned my eyes more than you would like to think using that one..... but its light...lol

soon, i will be able to give a comparison on the elite hood from longevity for you

Did you ever get the helmet and did you like it?

ISKI
11-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Good choice, I recently upgraded to a new Elite and like it a lot. I just wish that it had night vision and a laser weld puddle tracking system;)

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

oops

tomsign
11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Stan you pretty much hit it with the Jackson/Miller, I have both if they could combine the two there would be a hood!
I still have a hard time with the Miller just doesn't fill right, (so I always go for my Jackson) but love the works on the Miller and So I purcheased an extra Miller band to retro my Jacson with it.
My Jackson is the old EQC Executive, but it does not like anything to do with Flouescent lighting, Miller just doesn't care and always works, I always run as dark as posible, just got used to it, but of course I wear reading glasses under the sheld, (you know old age creaping up)

180guy
03-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Anyone review the longevity helmets yet?

arandall
03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Keep in mind that the auto darking helmets become flakey at loe temps. Keep your old helmet for those cold weather welding jobs.

Good tip Keith - - any idea how cold it has to be to start affecting the helmets? I keep my shop at around 50 degreees Farenheit in the winter.

gilly
03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Good tip Keith - - any idea how cold it has to be to start affecting the helmets? I keep my shop at around 50 degreees Farenheit in the winter.

I live on the Fla/Al line,so I hope I wont have any trouble with the weather affecting a hood.Maybe the heat.

odleo
03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I have two A/Ds and they do not like temps much below 40 to 45 degrees. I keep one in the house whe temps get cold and when it gets flakey, I switch them out for the warm one. Might just be me interested in hearing others experinces