PDA
View Full Version :

Christmas Greetings

arandall
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
About 25 years ago, around Christmas time, a friend acquired an old Santa Suit, so we decided to make use of it. My wife made me a Rudolph costume, and on Christmas Eve we went to the old folks home where my Grandma used to live. She wasn't around anymore, but I still thought of her, so we just went to her old place and visited everyone in the home. We have been going ever since. We always take a bunch of Japanese oranges to give out. We have never revealed our identity, so the residents have no idea who these two clowns are, other than - maybe - Santa & Rudolph.
The residents, as can be expected, sometimes change, but quite often we recognize people from year to year, and sometimes they remember us. Sometimes there is no response, but sometimes you get a smile or a laugh. When that happens, it makes you feel great - kinda like their present to us.
Anyway, a couple of years ago my buddy's Santa Suit was pretty ratty, so he bought a brand new one, and was so proud of it that we decided we should have some pictures.
I have attached them here for you guys. I have enjoyed this forum a lot over the year, and wanted to send good wishes to everyone, so here's your Christmas card. - By the way - if I ever get the old Chevy finished, we will be using it for our Santa run.
Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Art R.

Gadget
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Nice slideshow Art, thanks for sharing.

KHK
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Very nice!!
Thanks for sharing!

Ho, Ho, Hooo!

arandall
12-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Very nice!!
Thanks for sharing!

Ho, Ho, Hooo!

Keith:
Did the audio work for you?

Art R.

jonrya91
12-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Awesome car. Thanks for the PP!

Gadget
12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
I didn't get the audio either. I have the file from the download and Art sent me one directly, no audio on either.
I suspect the audio is playing for Art from a file on his machine that isn't directly included in the PowerPoint file.

KHK
12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Keith:
Did the audio work for you?

Art R.

No audio when I viewed it.

Hamstn
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I had the audio icon showing so I just pretended.

Thanks for sharing that with us Art

Have a very Merry Christmas

arandall
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to find a way to get the audio working. I'm having trouble embedding it in the slide show, and as usual, so far I'm not smart enough to decipher the "help" file in Powerpoint.

Cheers,
Art R.

Gadget
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Make sure the audio is a wav file. MP3 can only be linked, wav can be embedded.

arandall
12-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the help Gadget. I changed the audio from mp3 to wav, but the file is too big to include. Guess we'll have to do without the audio.
Merry Christmas to all anyway.

Cheers,
Art R.