PDA
View Full Version :

Sleeve cuffs for overhead welding

arandall
07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
It was necessary to do some overhead welding when installing a Ventura front sub-frame into my old '47 Chev business coupe - not my favorite job. I got tired of getting the sparks, molten blobs etc. down my cover-all sleeves, so I decided to cut off the tops of some old socks, slip them over the sleeve cuffs of my coveralls to provide a tight fit to my wrists, and proceed. It's true they're not fireproof, but they sure worked better than a kick in the a--! I suppose next time I could soak them in water before use to improve the safety factor.
- I won't include a picture for you - since I doubt that you'd enjoy a picture of my old socks!!!

Cheers,
Art R.

bhardy501
07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
I think they make a similar device made from Nomex. Check with a welding supply house.

Gadget
07-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I saw welding sleves and shoulders at HF the other day for $19.00 not a bad price. They will fit inside your gloves to keep the splatter out. I've had a pair for years, they work great.
Dan

junes
08-29-2009, 11:57 AM
welding sleves are a must for welding overhead. I have a pair and it only costs 10bucks at my lws. They are light and comfortable and just work really good.