PDA
View Full Version :

Thanks Longevity

Jake
07-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I just got my replacement Plasma Cutter the pilot arc 50... The first one had a wierd issue. It invovled flames, but not from the torch tip. I emailed customer service and about a week later, I have a replacement unit.

I spent tonight wiring the unit, and tomorrow, if it gets below a 100 degrees here in Seattle I will fire it up.

I did have a few quick questions.

1. There are a couple of threaded silver colored studs that came with the unit... what are they for?

2. The torch bag had a blue thingy in it that was the size of the threaded coupler that attaches at the machine... What is this for?

I can not get the links to work on the webpage for an instruction manual. I was a little scared to fire this up tonight, as I didn't want a repeat of the last time, so I figured I would do a quick verify that I got every thing hooked up correctly. I am 99.9% sure I am all wired and hosed correctly, but a little gun shy. I can't be out another week.

But, all in all, aside from the first oops, this has been a great buying experience. So far, Longevity has done right by me. I have been in the importing business before and I figure if my last one was a fluke, then Longevity is doing just fine. When you buy a big container of products form China, there is bound to be one or two with a hickup.

Thanks Guys,

-Jake

LONGEVITY
07-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Jake,

The manuals are available on the product page, but for reason the links are down. We will fix this. For the manuals, please email help@longevity-inc.com and you may get one delivered tonight from our customer service dept that works night time.

The blue connector allows you to safely and securely attach the cable to the machine and screw it down without overturning or risking any kind of exposure to the machine with your hands.

The silver color studs, I am a bit unclear what you are talking about but they may be the hose valves for your air regulator. We definately recommend waiting for your manuals.

As for wiring, the green with the yellow in it is the ground and the other two wires are both positive. It does not matter which leg goes to what positive side.

Thanks.

Jake
07-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Can someone post the PDF manuals for the 50-d pilot arc on the forum?

LONGEVITY
07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Hello,

I have attached the manual for the plasma cutters and the wiring manual as well for all units.

We also, I believe had this emailed to you as well. If not, I am sorry for your troubles.

Thanks