PDA
View Full Version :

Improved waste oil burner.

Gadget
07-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I modified the burner yesterday. The details of that are in the Projects and Photos forum. I also made the walls and base one piece with furnace cement. That prevents the smoke from escaping there. Added an oil pressure tank and it burns clean and has no smoke. It's a bit tricky to get the oil flow adjusted till the furnace gets hot but once hot it's pretty stable. I only had about a pint of oil for testing but I managed to melt the aluminum left in the bottom of the crucible from the last pour very quickly.

Dan

t4nl7PQTEmA

torqueman
07-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Gadget that is awesome. Very clean burning. Looks like plenty of heat to do a melt.

Gadget
07-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Now I have to start changing oil in the vehicles so I can do some more melting.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Another plus side to it is I now have a use for my oily rags. They work perfect for starting the furnace.

KHK
07-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks Great, no visible smoke. I dont think that the blower you are making will not have the same push as the one you are using??

Gadget
07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
If I have to I will make a radial blower blade to improve air force. I want to try it as is first. I could just use the dirt devil as a blower but it is too noisy to suit me.
Dan

KHK
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
The dirt devel runs at a high RPM for high vac and pressure. Let us know how the squrial fan works out.

Gadget
07-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Now that I have the burner and oil tank done the blower will be the next thing to complete. After that, a wheeled frame to move the furnace and blower assembly around easily.
Dan