PDA
View Full Version :

Longevity WeldAll LS-250PI IGBT Plasma Cutter/TIG/Arc Welder Contest 7/21 to 10/25

LONGEVITY
07-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Longevity Forum Members,

What is up for grabs:

With the biggest contest to date, Longevity is offering the WeldAll LS-250PI IGBT 50AMP Plasma Cutter + 250AMP Tig/Arc Welder.

http://longevity-inc.com/files/F_7764_ls250pi.jpg

The purpose of the contest:

The purpose of the contest is to give back to Longevity for offering free welders on a regular basis. Our goal, with your help, is to market our welding brand on numerous websites in order to draw traffic, show the world that Longevity offers exceptional customer service, and our products are quality. The Longevity brand is being recognized quickly by many customers of competing brands such as Miller, Lincoln, etc... With this much recognition, people that have not tried our units or service resort to bad mouthing our products because of the origin of manufacture. We want out forum members to show support for the Longevity Welding products and sound off on our quality service that we have been offering the past years! To think that less than 1 year ago, Longevity only had 1 forum member!

How to enter:

This will be the most demanding contest from our customers and forum members, but someone will win and we will deliver as always. This contest is definitely the most demanding one that Longevity has released! We will require 4 things for entry into the contest. Every single member that enters, if does not win, gets 25% off any website purchase!

1. For one, you have to have 50 additional posts from today until the end of the contest, which will end October 25th, 2009. So if you have a total of 50 posts as of right now, you will need to have 100 total posts or 50 additional posts by the end of the contest October 25th, 2009.

2. Longevity has been receiving a negative amount of unfair criticism because our products are manufactured overseas. This criticism does not reflect our customer service or product quality. We need our members to show support! Each contest entry will require a member to leave at least 3 ratings and comments on youtube videos featuring Longevity Welders and Plasma Cutters including at least 1 comment on this hateful video taken by a customer claiming our units are junk because of the origin of manufacturing (you can state your experience here with our company, customer service or your Longevity products):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDdzTGyoAzg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDdzTGyoAzg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You will need to have a youtube account and registration for one is free via this link (http://www.youtube.com/create_account).

3. We will require each participant to post their current or past project pictures of their work on our Welding Gallery (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/gallery/) or in our Welding Projects and Pictures (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/welding-projects-pictures/) thread.

4. Lastly, we ask that you join and follow Longevity on Twitter, which is a big marketing site. You can view our twitter page by clicking here (http://twitter.com/longevityinc). You will need to register for free to start following us on Twitter. On twitter, we will regularly offer additional contests, discounts, etc...

OK I did all 4 steps above. How do I know I entered the contest:

Once all the 4 points are met, we ask that you provide us with your Twitter account name or users id, your youtube user id, and we will calculate everything. You will need to respond to this thread stating that you have met all of the requirements and you DEMAND to enter. We will keep track of your post count to insure that your posts are valid and that you have posted at least 50 times since this contest.

The Winner:

The winner will be selected from a Random Drawing from the contestant pool that qualifies as done in the past on October 25th, 2009. The winner will receive the Longevity WeldAll LS-250PI and 5 year parts and labor warranty with free shipping to the lower 48-states. The Longevity Weldall LS-250PI IGBT unit will sell for $1400.00 as our retail price.

Conclusion:

We understand that this is a lot of work, but we also know that someone who truly supports our brand will not have a problem expressing their support! We hope this will give those on youtube who have not experienced Longevity welding products an understanding of our efforts to provide quality welding equipment at affordable prices vs the argument of made-in-America.

If you have any questions, concerns or you need instructions, please reply to this thread and we will answer your questions.

Thank you all for your consideration,

Longevity Sales Team

matteh99
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Ok I have been following you on twitter for a while now. I have posted a comment on the youtube video. I have posted a few pictures of my projects. I only have one post since the contest started but there is still lots of time.

Just a bit of a disclamer here I am a bit of a no BS type of person and I don't mean any thing bad by what I say next.

I normally try to ignore stupidity on the internet. Trying to stop it is a bit like peeing on a forest fire. I see why you are trying to defend your image online but I think it may be hopeless to fight it with just comments on video's and forums. You need to keep up the support, make sure your product is good and fix your website. On the surface the site looks great but the broken links and unfinished pages make Longevity look unprofessional. I want to be able to send someone to the Longevity site without saying "they just updated their site so things are a little funky right now". Why does every product page have a chart of plasma units that you don't actually sell? Welders, Mulitpurpose, Helmets, Tig Consumables, Generators, Consumables, and Accessories & Parts all have the same chart. I am not much of a web designer but that sort of thing hurts my head when I see that sort of thing. Why is it even there if it is so obviouly wrong? It can't be that hard to comment out that section of code. (see comment above about me meaning the best)

I would be interested to know what other brands people considered before buying Longevity. My guess is your compeition is other chinese made welders, Everlast, Gianttech, Riland, Ransomd, etc or used Miller or Lincoln. You won't convice a die hard Miller fan to switch brands any more than you could get a die hard Harley fan to buy a Honda.

I guess what I am really saying is I would hate to have you concentrate on putting fires out on the internet while your core busness slips. Of course that could be the purpose of this contest. Have your happy customers try to put out the fires while you work on busness :)

Eric

JoshF
07-22-2009, 04:29 AM
Hmm you had till you mentioned twitter. I find that even more irritating than myspace. LOL
Just wanted to say thanks for the contest. You dont see any other manufacturers doing this. Im going to purchase some of your products in thanks to your awesome service. I emailed Miller 2 weeks ago and got no answer. I emailed Longevity last evening and Simon answered me in less than 10 minutes with a telephone call.

matteh99
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Josh

Twitter is a lot like TV. You get to pick what you watch or read. There is a lot of crap on both. I HATE watching E! or what ever it's called and I hate the celebrity stuff on twitter. I don't do much on twitter I follow a few friends and tech news people.

I should also note that I don't watch live TV. I download and watch a few shows from the net but not that many.

It will be interesting to see how Longevity uses twitter.

LONGEVITY
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi All,

For the video: our goal here is to reach the public that has not heard of us on youtube and other sites to give both sides of the story before some makes a decision about our company before buying. Most of our customers are happy with our service and quality of our products, but obviously the video does not reflect this. We are not asking for people to argue with a knucklehead, but simply tell the viewers your experience with our company as you know we try to make things right every time!

For the thousands of positive experiences, it takes one negative to offset the balance. The video does not show what our company is about and I was hoping supporters can counter act this. This video does not tell the true story and that is not pleasent for our business.

For twitter, we hope to reach a public that has yet to experience Longevity Welding. Registering there is easy and you dont have to participate there if you dont want to. However, Longevity will utilize that site to offer nice discounts for newcombers and hopefully draw more people to our welding forum in hope of building the community.

As i told to several people about this contenst, if you guys want to make an amendment, please feel free to respond here. We are open to all your suggestions, comments, and feedback. This is your forum as it is ours!

Thanks,

Simon

Uncle Ed
07-22-2009, 02:31 PM
This bites a bit.

I was looking forward to this contest as:
1. I really need a TIG/Plasma
2. I wanted to use my dust laden video equipment to make instructionals and extol the virtue of my unit.

Sadly, this contest appears to only apply to previous customers as only they can truly comment on the quality or customer service of Longevity.

LONGEVITY
07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
That is a fair statement. If you have not had much experience with our unit, you can follow up on the service documented on here with others, pictures of welds or cuts or even your curiosity about our equipment.

If the product performs and the service is there from a personal experience or an experience from this forum, that is what we are trying to reflect from forum members and past customers.

Thanks,

Simon

matteh99
07-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I had another possible promotional idea for Longevity. Being able to try a product before you buy is great. I know longevity has a 30day trial but if I understand how it works is the customer still has to pay for the unit and trust that they will get a refund.

My idea is to have a list of people who own Longevity products that would be willing to let people try out their welder or plasma cutter. I know a few people on the forum have offered to let people try out their stuff but there doesn't seem to be any formal list. Of course there would need to be some sort of screening process so crazy sledge hammer wielding guys don't show up at people's door.

I have a BMW motorcycle and there is a phone book put out by the BMW owners of america called the BMW Anonymous book. It is basically a listing of locations with phone numbers of people who are willing to help other BMW riders. There are codes for what services are available like camping, tools, truck and trailer, spare room, etc.

The idea would have to be modified to fit testing testing welders and plasma cutters but I think it could work.

Eric

jakazz
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Of course there would need to be some sort of screening process so crazy sledge hammer wielding guys don't show up at people's door.
Eric

HAHAHHAHHHAAAA.... now thats funny right there :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

torqueman
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
One other thing that won't hurt is to give a thumbs up to positive comments on youtube about Longevity. I see Gadget has all ready posted there so I gave his post a thumbs up.

Gadget
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Eric,
That's a pretty good idea. If it gets too popular it could be quite an expense to keep argon and consumables on hand though. I think Simon has a few people who are willing to demo their units to people seriously considering one of their units. Check to see if he has someone in your area.
Dan

LONGEVITY
07-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Eric and others,

We have answered your demand and your great idea and implemented a try before you buy program! Here is the link, you can give us feedback as well to improve it.

Try Before You Buy Program - FreeWeldingForum.com Welding Community presented by LONGEVITY (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/try-before-you-buy-program/)

Thank you all for your consistent input,

matteh99
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Dan,

I don't want to speak for him but I would bet that Simon would send you some extra tips if you burn through a couple demoing your unit. Argon use would be a little bit harder to compensate for but I bet something could be figured out. Or if it gets really really popular you could just become a Longevity dealer :)

Eric

Gadget
07-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Eric,
Simon has been very good to me as far as consumables and other stuff. I wasn't too concerned about that for myself as much as others.
As for the Argon, we'll see how that goes. I wouldn't expect to have someone burn through an entire tank just trying the unit out. I am also going to see if I can upgrade my tank from 80 to 120. The cost per fill is nearly the same I think.
Dan

bhardy501
07-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry to see what all is required to get into this contest. Some of us dont have the time, recording equipment or computer skills to do a video or get it posted. Tried Twitter and really dont like using it. I am a loyal Longevity customer and will gladly tell folks about the top notch service you get from Simon and all the staff. Be happy to let someone try out my machine, as long as they dont mind a messy shop. How about setting up another contest for people that wont be able to do the over the top requirements for this contest. Otherwise, sorry to say, I will be sitting this one out.

Gadget
07-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry to see what all is required to get into this contest. Some of us dont have the time, recording equipment or computer skills to do a video or get it posted. Tried Twitter and really dont like using it. I am a loyal Longevity customer and will gladly tell folks about the top notch service you get from Simon and all the staff. Be happy to let someone try out my machine, as long as they dont mind a messy shop. How about setting up another contest for people that wont be able to do the over the top requirements for this contest. Otherwise, sorry to say, I will be sitting this one out.

BHardy,
You don't have to post a video, just comment on three of the Longevity videos including one for the trash post listed on the contest forum. As for Twitter, all you have to do is click on follow for Longevityinc. The whole thing shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Then you have nearly two months to get 50 posts and you are in. Don't give up on the contest so easily.

Dan

torqueman
07-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Gadget don't forget to post a picture of a past or current project. I am coating the inside of the forge today so I figure that one is getting done just in time for this contest.

I figured I could do most everything in 15 minutes but I thought there might be points for well thought out post so all I have posted on youtube was on the negative video page.

When this contest started I had 34 post so with this one I only have 48 to go. :lol:

Gadget
07-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I just posted my weekend project on the forum yesterday. I have met all the requirements but the 50 posts and that is a given for me.
Dan

bhardy501
07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
OK, got the Twitter and You Tube part done. Glad I didnt have to post a video.

Gadget
07-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Glad you decided to give it a try BHardy. Hope you win (or maybe me).
Dan

tscuda
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not going to enter this contest. I doubt I'd make the 50 more posts here. But I did leave feedback on the morons youtube video. BTW I have been giving free demos to people. Do I get free tips now LOL.

Gadget
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
TS,
You have almost three months I think. As I recall the contest deadline is in late October. Keep posting and keep a running count. Ill bet you can make it.
Dan

LONGEVITY
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for entering Gadget as well as others! The unit will truly be the best machine we carry.

For those who are showing their support in recognition of our service and efforts, we thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Simon

LONGEVITY
07-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Dan,

I don't want to speak for him but I would bet that Simon would send you some extra tips if you burn through a couple demoing your unit. Argon use would be a little bit harder to compensate for but I bet something could be figured out. Or if it gets really really popular you could just become a Longevity dealer :)

Eric

Eric,

Send me what you will demo and I will have some tips sent out right away! Pls email me your suggestions.

Thanks,

Simon

bigtirekaw
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Simon, I have a question. What if I posted twice on Ike's demolition video and he removes them and marks them as spam?? Apparently I struck a nerve. Does this still count? My YouTube screen name is fourteen28cc you can see they were removed and marked as spam. Oh and by the way did you get my email?

Steve Dalton
Spring, TX

LONGEVITY
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes, it counts. Thanks for the support.

bigtirekaw
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Okay I found them. They weren't removed. He just hid them and marked them as spam.

LONGEVITY
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
BigTireKaw,

With all this controversy, you make me want to read them. Thanks for participating in the contest. Our goal is to show the youtube users that there are a lot of customers, who also had problems were taken care of with respectfully, ethically, and in a timely manner.

The video definitely was one sided until our customers voiced their opinions. It seems like Ike has taken the conversation away from us and more about his frustration from foreign manufacturing. We employ Americans and help the American economy not to mention allow people to afford to weld in these economic times.

bigtirekaw
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Dang... and I just retired from that thread.... oh well

bhardy501
08-12-2009, 09:33 PM
There is always going to be folks out there that you cant satisfy, even if you gave him a new machine for free , he would robably still fuss about it. There is so much stuff now days with the made in USA label that is full of made elsewhere parts in it.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Boy, its a good thing you guys arent looking at spelling and grammar in these posts, I would end up in neg. numbers on my posts.

matteh99
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I DEMAND to be entered in the contest.
I have been following you on twitter, commented on the video and several others, and I just reached 50 extra posts. Wahoo

Twitter= Eric_Matt
Youtube= Erichmatt

KHK
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I think that I hav also met the requirements, so I demand to be entered.
My name on Twitter and Youtube is KHKV8

bigtirekaw
08-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Way to go! I still have a little bit to go.

Gadget
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I have met all the requirements and if I don't have 50 posts I will certainly have them by the contest deadline. My Twitter account name is passinthrough and my Youtube account is Gadget047.
So I also demand to be entered.

bigtirekaw
08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Okay... screen names are,
YouTube: fourteen28cc
Twitter: bigtirekaw

I am still work in progress.

jbman45
08-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Bigtire! I'm changing out units now and will have a Longevity machine up and running probably next week. send me a note and you can come by and try it out....

jbman45 in magnolia...

JJW
08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Longevity,
I'm posting on your forum, No problem.
I've started a YouTube Account, No problem.
I've started a twitter Account, no problem.

Now I have searched Youtube for Longevity Welders and found some videos, no problem.

I have searched Twitter and every search for Longevity Welders comes up with nothing, what am I doing wrong?
Regards,
John

Gadget
08-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Longevity,
I'm posting on your forum, No problem.
I've started a YouTube Account, No problem.
I've started a twitter Account, no problem.

Now I have searched Youtube for Longevity Welders and found some videos, no problem.

I have searched Twitter and every search for Longevity Welders comes up with nothing, what am I doing wrong?
Regards,
John

Search for longevityinc, that is what they use on Twitter.

JJW
08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
My account names are:
Longevity forum: JJW
YouTube: jw04jw
twitter: JJWelder

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

twitter: No results for longevityinc

H'mmmmm

Sorry I'm not a computer guy

I'll keep trying,
John

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I have searched everything
Longevityinc
Longevity welders
longevity tig
longevity plasma
longevity MIG

Plus a bunch of other combinations of longevity, nothing comes up???????????????????????????????????

Regards,
John

bigtirekaw
08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey John try this http://twitter.com/longevityinc (http://twitter.com/longevityinc)

JJW
08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the Link it worked. now I am friends with Longevityinc on twitter.
Man what a weird website twitter seems to be?
Not much there.
Regards,
John

JJW
08-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Step 2. DONE!
Step 4. DONE!
It is still a long way off till October 25th
so I've plenty of time for steps 1. & 3.
Regards,
John

torqueman
08-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I demand to be entered into this contest.
Youtube I am torqueman6 and have completed that.
Twitter I am charadeur and am following Longevity.
I am with just a couple of post of 50 since this contest started so I will make that without any problems.
Thanks for the chance to win.

BearNPum
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
I've got all the prelim stuff done, just need the posts to accumulate.

I demand to be entered in the contest. My twitter and youtube ID's are BearNPum. Keeping my rabbit's foot warmed up.

trouba
08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok I have been following you on twitter for a while now. I have posted a comment on the youtube video. I have posted a few pictures of my projects. I only have one post since the contest started but there is still lots of time.

Just a bit of a disclamer here I am a bit of a no BS type of person and I don't mean any thing bad by what I say next.

I normally try to ignore stupidity on the internet. Trying to stop it is a bit like peeing on a forest fire. I see why you are trying to defend your image online but I think it may be hopeless to fight it with just comments on video's and forums. You need to keep up the support, make sure your product is good and fix your website. On the surface the site looks great but the broken links and unfinished pages make Longevity look unprofessional. I want to be able to send someone to the Longevity site without saying "they just updated their site so things are a little funky right now". Why does every product page have a chart of plasma units that you don't actually sell? Welders, Mulitpurpose, Helmets, Tig Consumables, Generators, Consumables, and Accessories & Parts all have the same chart. I am not much of a web designer but that sort of thing hurts my head when I see that sort of thing. Why is it even there if it is so obviouly wrong? It can't be that hard to comment out that section of code. (see comment above about me meaning the best)

I would be interested to know what other brands people considered before buying Longevity. My guess is your compeition is other chinese made welders, Everlast, Gianttech, Riland, Ransomd, etc or used Miller or Lincoln. You won't convice a die hard Miller fan to switch brands any more than you could get a die hard Harley fan to buy a Honda.

I guess what I am really saying is I would hate to have you concentrate on putting fires out on the internet while your core busness slips. Of course that could be the purpose of this contest. Have your happy customers try to put out the fires while you work on busness :)

Eric

I agree the website still needs some work. I showed my friends the owners manual for the Weldmax LC-416D I just ordered and they laughed at me, I sure hope the welder is better then the manual.

Gadget
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Trouba and welcome to the forum. Simon is working hard on getting better manuals written for all the units. He has a lot of irons in the fire so it is taking him a bit longer than expected. The manual is indeed the weakest part of the units. The welders are very good machines that in my experience far exceed expectations. You won't be disappointed.
When you get a chance, post an intro on the Introduce your self forum section.
Again, welcome.
Dan

junes
08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I demand to be entered into this contest.
Youtube is heliarc418 and twitter is junes418 and i am following you i belive i am within the 50 posts i will keep goin my project is the cooler rack i posted as well as i have many projects on my photo album. If i need to do anything else let me know and please let me know if i am entered.

JJW
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm getting there;
8/22
My account names are:

Made YouTube comments and ratings

Started my "first project post" on 8/27
Aluminum Trailer Project

Now I need to make one more forum post before 10/25/09 to make 50. :wink:

Regards,
John

Gadget
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Good luck in the contest JJW (and everyone else too) There is still time to get qualified so hop on it.

bigtirekaw
09-04-2009, 12:47 AM
I have met all of the requirements and DEMAND to enter.
Superceded required posts Joined late July.
YouTube: fourteen28cc ratings and comments left. Showdown with Ike
Twitter: bigtirekaw
A Past project: Dragbike Starter made from a pair of handlebars, 1.8L Toyota Corolla Starter, A 1 1/8" Deep socket from Oreilly Auto Parts Welded to the starter drive, the base plate from a 2 wheel dolly cut and shaped then welded to the handlebars, 1 relay, Dirt bike kill switch used to activate starter. 4 gauge car audio cables to supply power from 2 car batteries in series (24 volt).
Built on a whim and needing a starter for my motorcycle. It was either spend 400-500 dollars for one built by someone else or try to build my own. Build cost $115 for starter, $10 for switch, $10 for the socket, and all other parts were stuff I had laying around, and a couple hours of my time. Suprisingly very well balance and comfortable. Never done it before turned out great. Working for 3 years now.

Steve

JJW
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I have met all of the requirements and DEMAND to be entered in your contest.

My account names are:

Step 1. More than 50 forum posts
Step 2. More than the 3 required comments and ratings
Step 3. Posted in the welding projects and pictures forum and welding gallery
Step 4. Joined Twitter

Regards,
John

Gadget
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
You got it Rhett, good luck to everyone.

LONGEVITY
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just letting everyone know that we have worked with Ike who made the video and we finally reached a resolution to the removal. With that said, we documented everyone who participated and will keep the contest running without that requirement.

We, and especially I, appreciate all of you who went the extra mile for us. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or post on here.

jbman45
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Well I'm back from a couple week trip out northeast and have checked and I have met all the requirements for the contest! So per the ruels.....

" I demand to be entered into the contest!!"

and good luck to all!!

Id's for Youtube and Twitter are same as here....jbman45

Gadget
10-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Better than a one in 20 chance if the poll is accurate, still time to get qualified. Come on guys get busy and get entered.

LONGEVITY
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah those are very good odds! Also, I am hoping to do a talkshoe meeting next week. The new manuals will be ready next week as well.

KHK
10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes! good luck to all! I would say that the best man win, but everyone on the forum is the best!!

weldingtwopotatoes
10-09-2009, 12:34 AM
New manuals is a very good thing, the old manuals frankly made the company look unprofessional and gave the wrong impression about the welders. I almost didn't purchase after looking at the manual on the website but I'm glad I did!

ksmeggy
10-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Count me it. Joined Twitter (D'Oh! Swore I never would, but these are pretty good odds for a $1400 welder :D).

I gather the comments on the offensive video won't be possible, but I've been on Youtube for a couple of years, I'll post a video of a plasma cut or something, and comment on a few others.

I've got a project I can photograph, tomorrow. I'll go and post the details on the projects forum.

As for 50 posts, I joined the site when the contest was underway, so I'll just make sure I have 50 posts by the 25th.

Good luck everyone!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

And yes, please, write the manuals. It's a safety issue as much as anything. And it's rather frustrating trying to learn a new machine by trial and error, searching threads here for someone who might have had the same problem, looking for pics and vids of other people welding...

bigtirekaw
10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Good luck friends! Good luck to those who entered and will enter.

Steve

bhardy501
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I am getting close to the 50 additional posts, I have donne the Twitter and the Utube part. Do I have to post more pics if I already have pics posted of projects? I havent taken any photos lately.

BearNPum
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Last couple weeks!

bhardy501
10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
OK, I have posted new pics in the project and pics section, done the Twitter and YouTube part. I also have atleast 50 additional posts. I demand to be entered in the contest. I think I have met all the prereqs.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

This month is my Birthday 10/11. This would be a nice late B'day surprise.

vault
10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
happy birthday ours are pretty close 10/09

bhardy501
10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Vault, I hope you had a very Happy Birthday.

ksmeggy
10-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Happy belated birthday to both.

ksmeggy
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I DEMAND to be entered in the contest. I believe I have fulfilled the stated requirements, of course I could not post on the Youtube video that was taken down.

Jody

Longevity: ksmeggy
Twitter: ksmeggy
Youtube: kingsmeg

bhardy501
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Simon, I think already sent this to you but my Twitter and Youtube login name is the same as the one I use here. bhardy501 Just making sure I have everything done to be entered in the drawing.

Gadget
10-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I DEMAND to be entered in the contest. I believe I have fulfilled the stated requirements, of course I could not post on the Youtube video that was taken down.

Jody

Longevity: ksmeggy
Twitter: ksmeggy
Youtube: kingsmeg

The reply to the YouTube video by Ike was removed as a condition of the contest so if you have met all the other requirements you are good to go.
Good luck.
Dan

arandall
10-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I too demand to be entered in the contest. I believe I have fulfilled all the requirements, except for the "hateful video" reply, which has been removed.
I have signed kup on Twitter, added three comments on "Youtube" Longevity videos, and I believe I have entered enough posts
Thanks.
Cheers,
Art R.

Gadget
10-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Good luck Art.

BearNPum
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Anyone have the list of officially qualified entries?

LONGEVITY
10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
We will be making a list on Sunday as the contest has not closed yet!

arandall
10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm demanding to be entered in the contest again. I believe I have fulfilled all the requirements, except for the "hateful video" reply, which has been removed.
I have signed up on Twitter, added three comments on "Youtube" Longevity videos, and I believe I have entered enough posts, however, I forgot to supply my "youtube" username, which is "Arthurful1", and my Twitter name, which is "Ranart". Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Art R.

weldingtwopotatoes
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
I DEMAND to be entered into this contest.

Twitter Username: weldtwopotatoes
Youtube Username: winecountry

I’m lovin my 520D, I wanted the AC capability when I got it but just couldn’t swing the extra coin. Oh well, kudo’s to Longevity for doing this contest and maybe I’ll get lucky and get that AC welding capability in the end. Good luck to everyone that’s helped me out on the boards, I’ve appreciated your help.

robrob
10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I demand to enter this contest.

Twitter robrobinette
youtube robrobinette

vault
10-25-2009, 12:37 AM
I demand to be entered into the contest you tube and twitter acct. vaulter176

bigtirekaw
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Suspense!!!!!
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x76/fourteen28cc/ist2_6567662-biting-fingernails.jpg
When will we know something???

LONGEVITY
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

We should have the results by Thursday. Finding all the actual qualified participants is going to take a bit longer than just picking a random name.

Please be patient. Someone is going to take home a sweet new toy shortly!

LONGEVITY

matteh99
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Would it be quicker to pick a name and then verify if they do qualify? Rather than trying to verify everyone? The only reason why you would need to verify everyone who entered is because of the discount you offered to everyone who entered. Other than that pull a name, check it, if it doesn't qualify pull another.

Eric

LONGEVITY
10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

We want to thank all who entered and participated in this challenging contest. With that said, we are extremely happy to announce the winner.

With 12 total participants who qualified, the winner was randomly chosen and that winner is JUNES.

Congratulations to Junes for winning our 4th contest. Junes has 2 weeks to claim his prize and will need to send us a PM with his personal information.

For those who entered and wish to receive 25% off, please send us a PM for a coupon code that will knock 25% off your order.

Thank you all for entering. The new contest will be derived today or later in the week and will be a more friendly contest that requires less participation. We thank you all who supported LONGEVITY on youtube and our the world web. For that we are grateful.

Sincerely,

Simon
LONGEVITY

matteh99
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Congratulations Junes,

I hope you like the new unit.

Eric

Gadget
10-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Congratulations Matt, enjoy your new unit.
Dan

KHK
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Congrats, junes!! Use your new toy and enjoy!!

robrob
10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Congrats Junes,

Enjoy that awesome Longevity WeldAll LS-250PI.

bigtirekaw
10-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats on the win! Would have been nice to win one even after I bought one. But it was meant for you. Tell us when you get it going...

junes
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I sure will let everyone know. Now I can help you all better since I actually have a longevity product now.

bhardy501
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats, hope the machine serves you well. Enjoy. Simon can you post the names of the 12 that were confirmed. I thought I counted a good number more that had requested entry after completing the requirements.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Just curious.

JJW
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Congratulations Junes!
Looking forward to your reports on the new unit.
Regards,
John

LONGEVITY
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Sure. The list we complied was:

Junes
JJW
Rhett
JBMAN
KSMEGGY
BIGTIREKAW
BHARDY
ARANDALL
WELDINGPOTATOES
ROBROB
VAULT
MATTEH99
KHK
TORQUEMAN
BEARNPUM

I got 14 total and miscounted writing 12. I think next contest, we will do a live drawing for all to see on youtube.

Congrats Junes and thanks to all who entered.

Gadget
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
If anyone is wondering why my name isn't there, I withdrew my name from the contest. I recently got a great deal on the 200PI and wanted everyone else to have a better chance to have one of the IGBT units.

Dan

arandall
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
That's a class act Dan.

Art R.

jbman45
10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Also congratulations Junes, you have been a great contributor to the site and with a new unit you will be able to share even more with us. A well deserved win that will benefit us all.

ksmeggy
10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Congrats, Junes, let us know what you think of the Longevity unit...

junes
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Well aparently it was shipped today so we shall see how it is next week I hope

bhardy501
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks Simon, I was just curious. Grats again Junes.

atcig
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Congratulations Junes!

junes
11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I can't wait to get home and try out the welder. It arrived today I will see wat type of shape it is in and will keep you informed.

weldingtwopotatoes
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
What's the expiration for the 25% off coupon code for people who entered but didn't win? I would like to use it to get some more consumables but I won't be needing more for a least a couple of months and I don't want to miss out on the savings.

LONGEVITY
11-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I extended the code until Sunday for those who qualify.

I will PM you the code.