PDA
View Full Version :

What's your favorite toy?

Gadget
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Of all the toys you have what is your favorite? This could be a tool, boat, or any other item you really enjoy and wouldn't want to part with.
Five years ago I would have said my metal detector but today I think it would be my CNC router/plasma table powered by the Longevity ForceCut80, my LS 160P a would be a close second. I can just do so much with them, it's easy to spend hours creating cool stuff. The possibilities are limited only by my imagination. (ok so I have a limited imagination, had to say it before someone else did) ;-)
Dan

HerbD
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow, do I have to have only one?

Outdoors I like my Landrover, lots of great places to offroad here in Arizona and Moab, Utah is outstanding!

Around the house and in the shop (my garage) it has to be a tie between my Longevity LS200P and the lathe and mill. Since acquiring the welder/plasma cutter I can now machine so many more projects.

Tonight I'm starting the measurements for a homemade magnetic chuck for the mill made with recycled hard drive magnets. I was going to machine it out of a solid block of aluminum, but now I'm thinking of welding 1/4" aluminum plate for the body and base. We'll see how it goes and if my welding skills are up to the task.

HerbD 8-)

LONGEVITY
07-15-2009, 11:45 PM
For me, Simon, I would have to say our forklift at work. Its fun to drive, small, and has a lot of power behind it. It is nearly new, and most of the experienced drivers say it is the most responsive lift they driven.

Sometimes, i have to work on it as well and I love it! Ill get a pic soon. Its a toyota 4000lb capacity lift with a side shifter. A business partner and warehouse nearby has about 30 of them and he mentioned there is even a thing such as the forklift Olympics, where the operators are timed for loading and offloading, etc... anyway, that my fav.

I also like plasma cutters and welders, but shipping them off really does it for me- guess that is why I am in sales.

Good thread! Thanks Gadget... lets hear some more.

Simon

KHK
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
For me it is the tool that I use the most, a BOSCH IMPACTOR. It is a 1/4 hex driver tool, my wife thinks it is connected to my right hand. I have been remolding two homes, so not much time to do any welding.

Somon, can you pick up a quarter from a cement floor with your fork lift? I use to teach fork lift classs and that was on the final exam.

LONGEVITY
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
We have never tried, but we have something to do this Friday before the end of day!

arandall
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Mine is probably my bicycle ( in nice weather). It rarely breaks down, is fun to ride fast, and only carries one! If I'm p'ssd off about something, it's good to just go out and ride.

Cheers,
Art R.

torqueman
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
My motorcycles. It is like practicing zen at 80mph. :)

bhardy501
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Just about anything in my shop. Thast my place to get away from life in general and do something else. My Golf clubs would be a close second. I enjoy sitting and looking at them wishing I had time to play :)

junes
08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I would have to say my first welder my handler 125. with out it i would not be where i am today. besides my welder i have to say my truck. I take it to the beach and drive on at night and go fishing. Miles away from anyone its so relaxin.

Gadget
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
If I could reclaim any of my former toys it would probably be my 1947 Harley Knucklehead hard tail with springer front end and suicide clutch. I sure had fun with that and am still kicking myself for selling it.
Second would be my old 64 Olds Jetfire.

KHK
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
The one that got away from me was a 1949 Indian Scout. It was a vertical twin. Bought it for $50.00 in a busal basket, sold it for $275. This was in 1964, today it would probably be worth $20,000

bigtirekaw
08-14-2009, 01:14 AM
My motorcycle, my guns, my computer.