View Full Version :

Connecting argon to 416

07-12-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm confused as to how to connect the argon bottle. I have a flow meter for the argon (http://unitedtraders.co.in/images/Argon-Reg-with-flow-meter.jpg (http://unitedtraders.co.in/images/Argon-Reg-with-flow-meter.jpg)) however does it have to be fed through the air regulator at the back of the machine as well?

It seems like if i connect this up ill be running a few thousand psi through the welder :/ heh I thought a regulator would be fitted to the bottle.

07-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Verm and welcome to the forum.
You connect the argon flow meter to the argon tank and run a hose from the barb on the low side of the flow meter/regulator directly into the back of the unit.
The other regulator is used for filtering and regulating the compressed air used when plasma cutting. Many users of the Longevity multi function machines make a quick connect with air quick couplers or make a manifold with valves at the input side for argon and air allowing fast switching from argon to air for the different functions.
Here is a link for a three way ball valve setup to allow air and argon to be connected at the same time with easy switching.

Again, welcome to the forum, I hope this helps.

07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks Gadget,

So just so I have this correct, the "flow meter" is also a regulator? thus reducing the pressure in the gas hose, if so are they set to a standard pressure? because I see no way of changing it.

07-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes it is a pre-set regulator. No further regulation is needed.