PDA
View Full Version :

Longevity IGBT Plasma Cutters, Welders, and Combination Units

LONGEVITY
07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Members,

We want to introduce the Longevity IGBT Plasma Cutters, Welders, and Multi-Purpose units to our already fine product line. I am also including pictures of some more IGBT units such as our multi-purpose welders and plasma cutters. We will be showing more and more upgraded models shortly.

Here are some photos of our soon to come IGBT machines:

Here is the latest plasma cutter with IGBT technology modeled the Longevity ForceCut LP-60I, which will feature pilot arc and IGBT chips. It will cut more than 1.25inches:

http://www.longevity-inc.com/files/F_7546_lp60i.jpg

Here is an image of out WeldAll LS-160PI which will have a 160amp AC/DC tig with a 40amp plasma cutter.

http://www.longevity-inc.com/files/F_9313_ls160pi.jpg

Here is an image of our WeldAll LS-200PI which will have the 200AMP AC/DC Tig and 50amp plasma cutter.

http://www.longevity-inc.com/files/F_5794_ls200pi.jpg

Here is an image of our WeldAll LS-250PI which is the newest model consisting of a 250amp tig AC/DC welder and a 50amp plasma cutter.

http://www.longevity-inc.com/files/F_7350_ls250pi.jpg

We will have prices and technical specs shortly. These units are top of the line machines that will compete with any major brand out in the market. The IGBT technology allows Longevity to compete with the big brands in the industrial market and we will cover the warranty for 5 years both parts and labor.

If you have any questions, please ask via PM or Longevity via sales@longevity-inc.com (help@longevity-inc.com).

Also, our next contest will host will feature the new Longevity WeldAll LS-250PI IGBT 250amp tig and 50amp plasma cutter.

You comments are welcome on the new products which will be avialable for sale in a few weeks. The pricing will be a bit higher, but this will give people more confidence and push us into the commercial welding market. Both MOSFET and IGBT units are warranted for 5 years parts and labor.

Thank you all for viewing,

Simon
Longevity

PS: thanks to all of you (you know who you are) for your continued support of Longevity products right here on the freeweldingforum.com

matteh99
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
The new machines look very nice. I can't wait to hear more about how to win the LS-250PI :)

Are the MOSFET units still going to be available at a lower price?

Gadget
07-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I really like the regulator built into the unit, a very nice feature. The panels look very well laid out, should be a winner for Longevity and the customer.
Dan

bhardy501
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Cool, how about a trade in program. I would like o trade in my 160P for one of the 250s.

Uncle Ed
07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
That WeldAll is a very pretty unit!

Unfortunately it appears to be missing some knobs. I want more knobs!

I am now glad I couldn't decide what to get as now I want one of these.

ed

ps I hope they aren't TOO much higher :(

atcig
07-01-2009, 07:44 PM
They look great!

Gadget
07-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Upslope time is the only one I can see that is missing. Some of the other labels are worded differently but appear to be the same functions. As always, I could be wrong though. How do you see the knob comparison?
Dan

Uncle Ed
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
My bad, Dan. I was thinking of another machine.

Still, I'll probably buy another knob, glue it on, and label it 'Vertical Hold' or something so I don't feel cheated :)

Ed

bhardy501
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
How about another drawing, this wouldbe agood item for it. Hint Hint

jbman45
07-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Looking forward to the new line of IGBT units, any idea of timing would be great! Also, if Longevity Tech. could provide some type of list of benefits IGBT may have over the popular MOFSET type of units that would help educate us all as well. I'm not providing much work info lately as I'm on a two month trip thru Canada so I'll be back on the bench in August!

Gadget
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I hope you are having a pleasant trip jbman

LONGEVITY
07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi All,

The IGBT units will be in next week. We can provide more specs on our website as we upload pictures and content. The contest for the IGBT WeldAll 250PI will be next week as well.

The IGBT units are meant to withstand higher voltages based on the technology. For multi-purpose units Longevity will carry both IGBT units and Mosfet to meet both demands. As far as which technology is better, it really depends on the use of the machines. Longevity, through testing, discovered that IGBT units are more commercial grade because the IGBT technology is meant to withstand higher voltage vs MOSFET units that have a voltage limit.

To read more about IGBT technology, please view this article:

http://www.electronics-project-design.com/IGBT.html

This will be a unique contest or drawing. We want people to participate on the site as a sign of appreciation so the details of the contest will be presented next week.

Thank you all,

Simon

JJW
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Are you going to sell out of the mosfet units and then just carry the IGBT units?

I can't wait to see the specs and pricing on your new LS250PI machine.

Congrats on the new units!

Regards,
John

matteh99
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
John,
On the contest thread Simon posted that the LS250PI will retail for $1400. I haven't seen any other specs for it though.

Eric

LONGEVITY
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Eric,

We should have them up on the site by the end of the week including hopefully an updated manual and pictures. The LS-250PI is amazing and I personally had a chance to play with it.

I know for sure, we now can compete with any big brand out there with price, durability, performance. In addition, we are actually going to retail the LS-250PI for $1600.00 on our website with a price match offer available for any competitors out there.

So the contest, for those who entered, is going to be a big payoff!

Thank you all for entering.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Are you going to sell out of the mosfet units and then just carry the IGBT units?

I can't wait to see the specs and pricing on your new LS250PI machine.

Congrats on the new units!

Regards,
John

Hi John,

We will sell both depending on the models. For some units, IGBT chips are not required. For some people, the IGBT units are much more durable because of their construction and the use the user will put on them.

Simon

BearNPum
09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
The new 60 amp plasma sure looks nice - Hmm, I may have to move up to that unit when I buy.

robrob
10-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I initially ordered an LS-200P but caught Longevity before they shipped and upgraded to the PI. I'm kind of a tech freak and I know I would have regretted getting an older technology multi process unit--I love my 200PI.

Hamstn
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Not being a EE what is the difference between MOSFET and IGBT in simple terms, if there is one. I did read the link above and got an idea. I also saw a video on a plasma cut showing the difference. What difference would there be in Tig and Stick?

jonrya91
12-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Not being a EE what is the difference between MOSFET and IGBT in simple terms, if there is one. I did read the link above and got an idea. I also saw a video on a plasma cut showing the difference. What difference would there be in Tig and Stick?

IGBT inverters are preferred when high current and low frequencies are needed. (i.e. welding)

You can review IGBT vs mosfet design parameters here:

http://www.irf.com/technical-info/whitepaper/choosewisely.pdf

matteh99
12-16-2009, 09:27 AM
There isn't much difference between mosfet's and IGBT. They are sort of like gas or diesel engines. They do pretty much the same thing but each have their strengths and weaknesses. I am not sure exactly what makes IGBT's better for welders than Mosfett's. I have heard from a few places that IGBT's are better. I am not sure how much of that is marketing and how much is something you would really notice.

As far as the difference in Stick or TIG welding. If you get a machine with the same specs I don't know how much difference you would notice. The IGBT machines do put out a bit more current when stick welding and longevity doesn't sell ad IGBT machine that is DC only.

I find the PDF the Jonrya91 posted a bit confusing. It does say that IGBT's are better for welders but at the same time the chart they posted seems like it would be a gray area for welders. Yes the frequency is low for welders but the voltage is also fairly low. So according the their chart welders that output less than 200v should have Mosfetts.

Another reason why companies are trying to switch to IGBT's is there have been a few poorly designed machines that have come from china, their mosfets would burn out. A well designed mosfet welder can work well but there is the idea that mosfet+welder=bad

Eric

KHK
12-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Eric is correct. The end user will not see much of a difference. However there a lot of technical differences. I will point out a few.

IGBT's have a lower on state voltage, this means that they run cooler, more power to the stick, less loses due to heat. efficency!

The large currents used in welding require parallel semi conductors. so anouther words they take ten 30 amp parts to get a 300 amp output. If for some reasion one part is less efficent and burns out at 25 amps then ALL the parts will fail at a 300 amp draw.
The welder will be dead.

With MOSFETs the circuts to prevent this problem is quite elaborate. The more circuitry the higher the possibily of a problem and a failure.

With IGBTs the solution is much easier, and requires much less circuitry

The IGBT is more efficent and better reliability.