PDA
View Full Version :

switches

lonerider50
06-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Gadget- in the spreed sheet 2T-4Tswitch are mentioned,I don't see them on my 200,and also gas preflow,how do I set that? If sheet is for more than 1 machine than no problem lonerider50

Gadget
06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Gadget- in the spreed sheet 2T-4Tswitch are mentioned,I don't see them on my 200,and also gas preflow,how do I set that? If sheet is for more than 1 machine than no problem lonerider50

I have the 160p and can only reference that. The spreadsheet was created by another user and I suspect it was pretty specific for his machine. Many of the features cross over though but not all. The 2T-4T switch controls how the trigger or pedal responds. 2T it responds as you would expect, 4T you hit the trigger once to start, then release and hit it again to stop.
I don't have a gas preflow setting on mine, only postflow. Do you have that?

lonerider50
06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
yes I have post flow,the 2T-4T I can't locate? I was just wondering,I'm sure he used his machine. The info is great,I printed it out and laminated it,Now hanging next to welder

Gadget
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
as for preflow, you could use the ramp in function to slowly increase the amperage as the arc starts. That would get a gas envelope before it is hot enough to melt the metal.
Dan

LONGEVITY
06-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Guys,

The 2T 4T passes more gas through the torch when tig welding.

junes
08-29-2009, 08:48 PM
the average person really doesnt need a preflow. Preflow is really used for highly reactive material such as magnesium and titanium and inconel. Other then that you really dont have to worry bout it. If you do need it and you machine doesnt have a switch all you have to do is hit the pedal away from the work. This will get the gas flowing for a few seconds then start the arc before the gas stops. This is a preflow.