PDA
View Full Version :

Longevity to the rescue!

KHK
05-22-2009, 08:56 PM
My son works for Firestone as a store manager. The roler drum used to collect drain oil broke at the top. A new tank cost about $350 and a week for delevery. This puts the shop in a bind. He came over and used my welder to repair the old tank. My son did the welding.

HerbD
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Yep! Always impressed when I see that people can fix things that are broken. Started teaching Industrial Arts in the late 60's before it became a "simulation playground." Too many people nowadays don't know, don't think, don't try to figure things out and therefore aren't very self reliant. Afraid to get their hands dirty.

With practice you become better, widen your horizons and even get to know when it is appropriate to call a pro on some jobs. Hope the company appreciates your son's skills.

HerbD 8)

LONGEVITY
05-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Keith,

Thanks for the cool title, for sharing the pictures, and sharing your story. Sounds like your son knows what he is doing.

I am glad we are able to supply you and your son a Longevity Welder. Personally, I am seeing more and more people trusting our equipment to get the job done and we are delivering!

Simon

Gadget
05-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Nice beads Keith. You and your son should be proud.
Dan

arandall
05-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice job!!

Firestone is lucky to have an employee wailling to go the extra step.

Cheers,
Art R.

KHK
05-23-2009, 05:39 PM
It is all about money! My son will get a return for low capitol expenses, and the volume of cuetomers will increase, spending more money. It is a win win situation for him. I may charge him $350 for argon and the use of the welder.

vault
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
how did he prep the tank since it had waste oil in it so as not to ingnite anything?

KHK
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
The tank was purged with co2 before the start of the welding, and several times during welding.