PDA
View Full Version :

Plasma Torch Guide Wheel

HerbD
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Stumbled onto this listing on eBay the other night. Its adjustable and fits the Pilot Arc plasma torch. Arrived First Class mail quickly and unlike many other eBay items was "Free Postage!"

eBay Item number: 320361453612

HerbD 8-)

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/USERON%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

LONGEVITY
05-22-2009, 12:37 AM
These work great. We sell them as well and should have more stock soon. We are also working to incorporate longer screws so they would fit on all model torches.

Good find.

Don Cook
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I bought one to use on my 40D and it is really large for the small torch...SO..I cut a piece of 1 inch water pipe and drilled two little holes in it to match the screw holes...it fits perfectly in the guide and the ceramic torch tip fits it perfectly..sure takes the shaky out of your hands....

Bdub
07-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Is there a guide for my LC-520D torch? ...........

Don Cook
07-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I got one like the one Herbd got and you can use the parts if it don't fit your ceramic tip....another thing I did, was to go to the hardware store and get a nut that fits the torch ceramic end and use one of the wheels off the one Herbd used and drilled a hole in the other side and put an all thread in it and made a circle cutter with another nut on the other end to fit the allthread so it can be adjustable, grind a point on the bottom end. if you do it right, you can take the all thread off and make a circle cutter/guide all in one...worked for me. The trouble is, we finger this stuff out and forget to tell our brothers in the forum...sorry...Donn

Bdub
07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Don,
The guide I found on eBay only had one tightening screw. The one Herbd is showing has two. I like the idea of two screws. Do you have the eBay store or person that you could forward to me?

Thanks again, Bruce

Don Cook
07-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Bruce, I may be mistaken but Longevity has one that is almost like it...but I will check and see if I can find the Ebay one...

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Bruce, ok..after some reasurch, the guy that sells the one I got is Richard Bell and his email is plasmadynusa@yahoo.com and his ID is plasmadynusa good luck and hang in there....Donn

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Bruce, one more thing, try this on ebay.. 320548005510 that is a current item number from the guy I mentioned..and I know how to spell research....lol

Bdub
07-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Don, Thanks for the great research. Using the item number you provided, I was able to find the torch guide mentioned in Herbd's post. I'm going to pick up one of those. Looks like a great accessory for a plasma cutter. How far off of the surface of the material do you set the torch in the guide? I am a newbie and just purchased a 4' X 8' piece of 16 ga sheet metal. Going to make some yard flowers.

Don Cook
07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
New deal....Bruce put in this item number on Ebay 260539749641 it may be better than the one we got...but a little more money, but it looks like it has adapters for different torches.... just copy and paste this number...good luck

Bdub
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey Don, I already pulled the trigger on the other guide. No problem. I know it will work with a little TLC. Thanks again, Bruce

Don Cook
07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Bruce, I have heard two different versions..one full contact and that saves consumables, the other one is about 1/16th inch to 1/4 inch. once the arc has started, I have used both but don't know for sure which is really correct, maybe the big boys can tell us. I know that if your consumables get worn, it blows a hole in the material you can drive a truck through, but it is not only a wide cut, but it is really dirty and lots of slag...if you run into that, replace the consumables, especially the inside copper piece with the little tiny hole.. a good cut is about the size of a #2 pencil line in width. I cut 3/8 inch plate with a 40 amp cutter and it is straight, fine line cut and clean as a whistle, (now that they helped me) ...good luck

LONGEVITY
07-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Hi Guys,

We will be getting both torch wheelers for the 60amp torches and for the S45 pilot arc torches shortly. For plasma cutter torch there are several starting methods:

Contact/Scratch Start: You have to touch the metal or scratch the tip for start.
High Frequency: A frequency start that enables an arc close to the workpiece.
Pilot Arc: A spark that comes out of the torch to ignite a full arc.
Continuous Pilot Arc: Our 2010 models feature this where an arc is ever present and you can cut through metals that have gaps as the arc will not go out on you.

Hope this helps.

Bdub
08-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Hey Don, I got my guide from eBay. That is a nice unit. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a sturdy piece. Now to get my machine out of the shop and start cutting. Thanks, Bruce

Don Cook
08-01-2010, 07:13 AM
well, good luck and enjoy your new toy....I found things to do with mine that I never even thought of....I also bought a huge assortment of consumbables on ebay, but be careful, some are really junk....

LONGEVITY
08-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Just an update, we have torch wheel spacers in stock for the S45 torches. We will update on the technical bulletin. Anyone interested, please let us know.

Simon

ISKI
08-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Don can you tell us which Ebay consumables to avoid.

Thanks

ISKI
08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
With luck, my CDROM will be clicking soon. But for now, here is a 3D sketch of the thing without the y-direction bars and rollers, (if this works;)

arandall
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow! - Nice drawing>
Cheers,
Art R.

ISKI
08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks, but it's not me, it the SolidWorks quick sketch that did the heavy lifting. It is to scale, but primitive (no screw threads etc). The actual slide has the bearings reversed, but I made this sketch from my faulty memory. I can use solidworks features to auto generate plans from the pieces, and make an animation of it moving, or assembling itself.

Iggy

Ascinder
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Links gone? Not working for me, just checking.

Gadget
11-11-2010, 06:39 PM
That is a result of the recent forum hack. Some of the images were lost. This won't happen again since we get a nightly backup now.