PDA
View Full Version :

LONGEVITY-INC.COM Gets an Upgrade! What do you guys think?

LONGEVITY
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
The future of Longevity internet website is finally out. We are working to finalize the new website by fixing minor errors, spelling, and other imperfections, but we want to know how you guys like the layout. Please give us your feedback!

Thanks,

Simon

TyRex
05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
The new design looks much more professional. The old website had too many little "quirks". The forum link on the main page isn't working for me, though.

Gadget
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Very nice Simon. Some links don't work yet but I am sure you are aware of them. I think I would set the video to standby and let the visitor decide whether to run it or not. It might get old for frequent visitors.
This is a very professional, well thought out layout. Nice work.
Dan

strube1369
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Looks real nice. Kinda ironic that the "forum" button doesn't work. Especially since I found out about the new page here...

woofer456
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
My self, I would have never bought from this website. I don't like sites that try and trap you into giving all of your contact info before letting you evaluate the product your self, there is not enought info on each products.
Sorry but I thought this needed to be said.
Bob

jbman45
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
A definite improvement and professional looking site. Lots of information and puts key issues out front....5 yr warranty for sure.

Agree putting video on standby is a better approach, i often have to mute if I'm looking for something.

Pricing, sales price can't be same as standard price? Which is shown for a lot of products. i.e. they are the same.

I really don't care for the 'make an offer' approach. It results in everyone believing they could have gotten a better deal, i.e. no one is happy. I prefer a low price, a comparison shop style of offer, i.e. we'll match price for a comparable unit; or maybe a discount via offering free or included consumables. "make an offer" is too much a mexico style of buying from street vendors If you want to hit a market like this why not try ebay with a minimum.

vault
05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I like it alot!

HerbD
05-12-2009, 06:32 PM
The look of the Longevity site is quite good, but there are kinks that need to be worked out.

I definitely agree with what jbman45 is saying. Service from Longevity and/or its dealers has really favorably impressed me, however, the "Make an Offer" degrades the product and company in my opinion. There are other sales incentives that can be used for a product such as what Longevity sells.

It was just by chance that I went to the site yesterday to purchase some consumables online and happened to land at the new site, probably before the official announcement. As mentioned, there are some things to be worked out and I ended up not making a purchase at that time. I'll try again after I hear back from whoever is maintaining the site.

While the site is good looking, the narrative descriptions need some help.

HerbD 8-)

KHK
05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I like the site layout, it looks very profesional!
I do not like the auto plasma movie. That seams hokie.
There are a few holes(Links) that need work.
I know how much work is involved in the new site, good job so far!!!!

LONGEVITY
05-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the input. For the new site, the make offer screen may only be visible for products that are overstocked or products that compete with other sites. We may remove it once Longevity gets a patented design!

The video will be deleted and a new one that will require to play will be added. The links are being fixed but we are working on the back admin first.

I think for the next month or so we will have to work harder to get the site fully running again!

As far as orders, we incorporated an amazon style order system where all your orders are visible when you login including warranty information and other positive things.

For product evaluation and spec, they are all missing now. We are working on restoring this. Each product will also have a video section on how to assemble and use as well. Customers will have reviews there as well, but we will require as the last site to fill out some info before leaving a review. Our competition constantly tried trashing us last time around with negative reviews.

Regardless, there will be a new forum upgrade again to incorporate the menus and we are working out so everything sorts in order.

I hope you guys stick around to what will be a major improvement in our forum community both for participants and our company and what will be a major improvement on product information on our product website. Our goal is to provide much more resources than before.

Currently, you can see our writers have done a great job with www.plasma-cutters.com and our new website will have a similar well useful resources!

Thank you all.

Simon

bhardy501
05-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Cool looking site. Glad you are going to replace the auto play video, I have to mute the sound through it. Its not exactly a soothing sound (LOL). i agree that the make offer would be better replaced with special offers on consumables or a certain percent off if (fill in qualifier).

kb3gun
05-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Looks good, Simon. A definite improvement over the old layout. Looks good in Firefox and Explorer. The few small issues I could see were addressed in your last post. Keep up the good work.

Gaustin
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Looks better . Ready to check out the content when all the links are up to date.

JOEBIPLANE
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Simon
it is a shame that so much time must be spent on the marketing and web design is the most powerful form of marketing....
Keep up the great work my friend....you are becoming a ' Captian of Industry' :smile:
joe larsen

Gadget
05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Well put Joe, I agree 100%
Dan

LONGEVITY
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Eric,

Please inform me where the content is displayed. This was added without our approval.

Simon

woofer456
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Simon, I know your question was directed to Eric but I am not sure he is on line.

I was there a few minutes ago and seen what he was talking about, but it looks like you have it fixed now.
Bob

matteh99
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I know that sort of thing happens.

The website has been getting progressively better over the past few days.

If you post on the forum when you think the site is done I am sure the people here would be willing to poke at it and see if they can find any problems. Right now it seems silly to report any but the most glaring errors because it is obvious you are working on the whole thing.

matteh99
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Yup that's the page I found. I forgot exactly were it was and the pages I looked at this morning were correct.

Eric

LONGEVITY
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Hello All,

We removed the trade show comments, and the retail and sale prices will be different once we work out a new price scheme and also confirm pricing for our NEW IGBT lineup, which is set to be out in 1 month!

Thank you all,

Simon

LONGEVITY
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Thank you for reporting. The content has been fixed. Not sure how we missed that. It is very important that you guys report errors, content violations, etc... to help us complete the site.

Thanks again,

simon

strube1369
05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Can't get to the manuals. Tried a couple other "resources" with no luck. You probably already know this stuff. Just trying to be a contributor!

LONGEVITY
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks the heads up. We cannot remove that yet as we have no access to this part of the site. We will have this removed by them before tomorrow's business day. That is something we missed as well.

For the manuals, they will be redone and uploaded shortly. We will have another version of the manual soon.

matteh99
05-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I keep seeing progress every time I go back to the Longevity site.

The forum button on the top of the page works now which is great.

One small thing that you may not know about. The forum link on the bottom of the page links to "www.longevity-inc.com/forum.html" The link gives a 404 error because it should link to "www.longevity-inc.com/forum" (NO .html)

Also your checkout system doesn't seem to be using Https (ssl tls) for the credit card area. It would make me worried about putting in my credit card over the net.

Eric

LONGEVITY
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks Matt,

The the developers are notified and we will have Encryption there shortly. We are encrypted through go daddy, but this will be addressed right away!

Thank you for your continuous help in improving our website!

Simon

matteh99
05-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I like poking at things and finding their weak spots or were they are broken and fixing things. Cars, Motorcycles, Computers, Websites, etc. :)

The site is looking good.

kb3gun
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Found an issue:
Went to: Home (http://www.longevity-inc.com/) » Products (http://longevity-inc.com/forum/../products.php) » Plasma Cutters (http://longevity-inc.com/forum/../listproducts.php?catid=27) » ForceCut LP-40D
(URL http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=1#general)
Clicked on 'Accessories'. When I click on the pictured consumables, I get a "Page not Found" error.

Same for Home (http://www.longevity-inc.com/) » Products (http://longevity-inc.com/forum/../products.php) » Welders (http://longevity-inc.com/forum/../listproducts.php?catid=28) » Arc (http://longevity-inc.com/forum/../listproducts.php?catid=39) » ArcMate LT-200D
http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=10#general
Clicked on 'Accessories'. When I click on the pictured accessories, I get a "Page not Found" error.

I still think it's a great looking site...

Gadget
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I think Simon is on a business trip right now but I'm sure he will get this taken care of as soon as he gets back.
Dan

matteh99
05-29-2009, 07:46 AM
I have noticed the site slowly changing and getting better and better. There are still a few broken links and pages which need more content but it has come a long way. I hope they keep going and get every thing straightened out. It is a good design but still a bit rough around the edges.

Eric

LONGEVITY
06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys. I am back and have reported the links as broken. We will get them fixed. I am happy with the progression we are making, but with your help, we have made the site much better and more improved.

Thanks

Simon

clearchris
06-02-2009, 08:29 PM
The new site is a serious improvement.

BTW, in this table on the following url, the left column says "1-Phase", "2-Phase", and "3-Phase". Is this referring to electricity or something else? If it's electricity, I didn't think you could have two phases, I mean, you get 2 hots (single phase) or 3 hots (three phase), right? Maybe it's supposed to mean "Single Phase 220v", "Three Phase 220v" and "Single Phase 480v" ?

http://longevity-inc.com/product_category.php?catid=28

Gadget
06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
The new site is a serious improvement.

BTW, in this table on the following url, the left column says "1-Phase", "2-Phase", and "3-Phase". Is this referring to electricity or something else? If it's electricity, I didn't think you could have two phases, I mean, you get 2 hots (single phase) or 3 hots (three phase), right? Maybe it's supposed to mean "Single Phase 220v", "Three Phase 220v" and "Single Phase 480v" ?

http://longevity-inc.com/product_category.php?catid=28

I noticed that too. I took it to mean single phase 120v or two phase 240v but I don't know if that was the actual intent. I will send Simon a PM.

Dan

KHK
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
There is such a thing as 2 phase 240, it is simply two legs of the 3 phase 240. 2 phase 240 provides more power than single phase 240.

LONGEVITY
06-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Sorry Guys,

That is one of the pages that has yet to be addressed. All this information and content is taking time. We are aware of that page and we finally finished the plasma cutters page:

http://longevity-inc.com/product_category.php?catid=27

The chart originally looked the same way on the plasma cutter category as well.

Thanks for the report.

Simon

Uncle Ed
06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
When on the main website looking at the Multi units, I saw a place to ask a question or to get more info. I wanted to use it but this section asks for everything except my pets name and SS#.

With every outfit selling personal information as a side line and personally getting 5 to 10 telemarketing calls a day and a mail box full of enough junk mail to make a paper mach'e battleship each week, I don't feel comfortable handing out that kind of info just to ask if an LS-200 comes in blue. While Longevity may not intend to do this, that section just screams that you will and that will scare people like me away. I feel that Name and Email would suffice for those types of inquirys.

Sometimes I refer to the main site to check if info is listed before I ask questions here in the Forum. Maybe a persistent link to the main site from the forums to get there would be nice. Like make clicking the LONGEVITY logo open a new window to the main site as some people (like me) might miss or can't see the tiny links at the bottom of the page (under the picture link bar that doesn't work). Also the FreeWeldingForum.com - Welding forum for professionals and enthusiasts (http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/../) link at the very bottom links to the main site and not to the Forums which is silly, anyway, since I'm already in the forums and don't need a link to it. :mrgreen:

Ed

matteh99
06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I really like the chart on the plasma page. Are the product pages getting a similar chart?

I just realized that the multi-purpose menu is a bit weird. There is only one thing listed under the menu "Plasma, Arc, & Tig", clicking on that brings you to a different page than clicking on Multi-Purpose. It makes things a bit confusing. Maybe split up the DC and AC/DC welders. Or have both links go to the same place.

One small thing on the plasma page the specs for the Max lp-100 say
"100 A at 60% (230 V Inpute 3 phase) " You probably didn't mean to have the e at the end of input.

One thing which may help you get better feedback is if you post here that you have finished a section so people know what to report and what you are currently working on.

LONGEVITY
06-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks Eric,

We are working on the chart for all products and the 100amp unit is actually single phase. This will be changed as well.

There is so much more to do but it is coming along ok.

Keep on reporting issues and we will get there faster!!

PS... did you receive a tracking for the tungsten rods?

Thanks,

Simon

matteh99
06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Simon,
I haven't received any tracking info on the tungsten. I haven't been to my Dad's workshop were my welder and tungsten were shipped to so I don't know if the tungsten has arrived or not and he hasn't mentioned any thing about a package for me.

I want to get back to his shop so I can work on making a sheet metal break and practice TIG welding. I will post pictures under the projects section once I actually get something done. This darn job thing makes it hard to find time to play with my toys :(

One other thing on the site (you asked for it)
on the list of products views
http://www.longevity-inc.com/listproducts.php?catid=41
http://www.longevity-inc.com/listproducts.php?catid=38
http://www.longevity-inc.com/listproducts.php?catid=39
etc.

There is a tile that says "home >> Products >> *product name* >> All Products

Clicking on any of the *product name* links brings you to a page with the welding helmets on it. There is some sort of weird linking error going on.

Eric

LONGEVITY
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Eric,

I will check into the tungstens for you and also we have noted the errors.

Thanks,

Simon

clearchris
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
There is such a thing as 2 phase 240, it is simply two legs of the 3 phase 240. 2 phase 240 provides more power than single phase 240.

Hmm. This took some research, I had never heard of 240v referred to as 2 phase.

In american 240v service, you need 2 hot wires to make 220v difference between the two. If you only use one hot wire (paired with neutral) it's 110v.

So, one hot wire + neutral = 110v service
two hot wires = 220v service
three hot wires = 3 phase 220v service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-phase_electric_power

So I guess the original web page was correct, though I'm not sure how many people know that single phase means 110v and two phase means 220v.

matteh99
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
One more thing.

I normally use Firefox for Safari to view the longevity site. Today I went to it using internet explorer and discovered that the menu on the left side of the screen doesn't work correctly. Normally when you mouse over the product catagory you get a sub menu. With IE the sub menu never shows up.

If I look into the errors it says "Object doesn't support this Property or method" Line 954

Eric

LONGEVITY
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Eric,

We have notified the development team. This should be addressed quickly.

Thanks for the report.

matteh99
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I noticed that some of the the product pages are still a bit goofy. Is this because you guys are working on updating your product line to include more IGBT machines?

LONGEVITY
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
We are still working on upgrading the website and forum. The igbt units will be added there as well as more content for the website on our equipment.

Believe me there is a lot more work to do, where we feel you guys get the information and support you deserve.

Thanks,

Simon

Gadget
07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks Simon,
The Longevity community has come a long way recently and for many of us is now a daily visit at the very least.
Dan

BearNPum
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
There are still many bogus chart entries, and a few other things. Do you want a list, or is somebody responsible for the website content going to be reviewing and correcting each page? It has been a while now.

LONGEVITY
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Bear,

Please forward what you came up with to us. This is a big site but it should be fixed properly and soon.

We hope to have some of the carts done soon.

Please send your list through as well so we dont miss anything.

matteh99
08-14-2009, 07:35 PM
It has been a while since I have poked around the site and it has improved a lot. Mostly little things.

Here are a few things which I found.
In the welding helmet drop down menu there is a listing for "Skull red black Flamess" There shouldn't be two s's

This is a big one!!
2. The area were you put in your credit card defaults to un-encrypted traffic. Http://
If the person manually puts in https:// it turns on the encryption and uses your security certificates. Without that everyone who orders from the website is broadcasting their personal and credit card information to the world. So it needs to default to Https://

3. The news feed on the main website is out of date. The last thing it mentions is the giveaway for the 520 and $500

4. The main menu for multi purpose units is weird. There is only one listing under it. If it was setup like the plasma cutters it would make more sense. Or if you had more than one catagory. IGBT / Mosfett or DC and ADDC.

LONGEVITY
08-14-2009, 07:55 PM
We are looking into these problems now. Form what I understand HTTPS was enabled on the website. I am going to have development check in on this problem.

The charts should be finished this weekend on all categories.

matteh99
08-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey looks like security is now enabled. Wahoo

One broken link I found.
Longevity Products : Welders , Plasma Cutters, Generators and Welding Helmets. (http://www.longevity-inc.com/products.php)
From here the link to helmets is broken. All the other links are fine as far as I can tell.

Should I keep posting bugs I find here or is there a better way to let you know about them?

Eric

matteh99
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM
I placed a order for a welding helmet and the order tracking system is setup much better now than it was in May when I ordered my LC-520D. There still are a few goofy things about the website but it has come a long way since May. I hope it keeps improving.

Eric

BearNPum
08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Simon,

This will give you a flavor for some of the issues I see with the site. It is a great site, just a few issues here and there. I got through most of the Plasma cutters:

Front page - Description of Longevity:
- "proving" should be "providing"
- welding helmet link goes to generators
- "each and ever" should be "each and every"
- dealer of the month image is not available

Page - http://longevity-inc.com/companyinfo.php (http://longevity-inc.com/companyinfo.php)
- "Longevity's" should be "Longevity"
- the "home" breadcrumb doesn't work on this page

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/termsandpolicy.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/termsandpolicy.php)
- the "contact us" link under payment is broken
- clicking on "home" in the breadcrumb trail adds https to the url address, and the user gets a security warning (in Vista at least)

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productcategory_27/index.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productcategory_27/index.php)
- clicking on the Longevity logo at the top of the page just refreshes the page rather than going to the home page
- in the table, the 60D says it cuts 1" aluminum
- in the table, the 60D says it takes 10,000 watts gen power. Doubt it should take more current then the 70A or 80A Units
- in the table the 100 says "Inpute 3 phase"
- clicking on the lp-100 link in the table goes nowhere
- clicking on the lp-60d link in the table goes to the lp-100

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_1/ForceCut-LP-40D.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_1/ForceCut-LP-40D.php)
- in table, lp-100 shown as cutting 125" of aluminum
- in table, lp-100 shown as single phase 230 input
- clicking on the "Plasma Cutters" breadcrumb goes to "Plasma Cutters >> All Products" rather than the "Plasma Cutters" main product page

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_5/MaxArc-LP-100.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_5/MaxArc-LP-100.php)
- picture has model LG-100 rather than LP-100
- column headings in table are missing, as well as indicators in those columns
- row headings missing in table
- general text says this is a "dual voltage" machine

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_217/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-60I.php
- in specifications, says 40 Amp cut draws 350 Amps

Page - http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=6#general (http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=6#general)
- in specifications, the cut specs are the same as the 60D. According to the manual, I believe they should be 1.5" severance, 7 ipm at 1.25, 17 ipm at 3/4" (or maybe 5/8")

Page - http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=7#general (http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=7#general)
- in specifications, the cut specs are what I expect for the 70. Manual says 1.75 severance for this machine.

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/partners.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/partners.php)
- duplicate text and logo

In general:
If you select plasma cutter models from the left products list, all the column and row headers in the table are missing - these are pages that end like ".../Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-60D.php". If you select cutter models from the tables, you get the column and row headers. These pages look like ".../details.php?id=3".

matteh99
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
The new multi purpose welder chart is a good start but there are a few things wrong with it. Every thing up until the weldall series seems fine. On the left hand side they are DC only, in the color coded bar. Also all of the weldall links go to the LC-520D. I can see why the IGBT don't have the correct link because the product pages aren't made but the Mosfet ones should be right.

Also the weldall 160p has a lot of extra space around it in the row.

LONGEVITY
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Eric,

The development team and I addressed those issues last night. I think they need more time to get them ready.

Please review the chart again in 1 or 2 days and let me know if everything looks up to par. Our plasma cutting resource section will also be redone shortly and we will begin working on the other sections.

This coming month everyone will see a lot of updates including manual updates.

Thank you Eric and everyone else who continuously keeps up on our feet and contributes with advice, tips, and suggestions.

Simon

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Simon,

This will give you a flavor for some of the issues I see with the site. It is a great site, just a few issues here and there. I got through most of the Plasma cutters:

Front page - Description of Longevity:
- "proving" should be "providing"
- welding helmet link goes to generators
- "each and ever" should be "each and every"
- dealer of the month image is not available

Page - [/URL]http://longevity-inc.com/companyinfo.php (http://longevity-inc.com/companyinfo.php)
- "Longevity's" should be "Longevity"
- the "home" breadcrumb doesn't work on this page

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/termsandpolicy.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/termsandpolicy.php)
- the "contact us" link under payment is broken
- clicking on "home" in the breadcrumb trail adds https to the url address, and the user gets a security warning (in Vista at least)

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productcategory_27/index.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productcategory_27/index.php)
- clicking on the Longevity logo at the top of the page just refreshes the page rather than going to the home page
- in the table, the 60D says it cuts 1" aluminum
- in the table, the 60D says it takes 10,000 watts gen power. Doubt it should take more current then the 70A or 80A Units
- in the table the 100 says "Inpute 3 phase"
- clicking on the lp-100 link in the table goes nowhere
- clicking on the lp-60d link in the table goes to the lp-100

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_1/ForceCut-LP-40D.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_1/ForceCut-LP-40D.php)
- in table, lp-100 shown as cutting 125" of aluminum
- in table, lp-100 shown as single phase 230 input
- clicking on the "Plasma Cutters" breadcrumb goes to "Plasma Cutters >> All Products" rather than the "Plasma Cutters" main product page

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_5/MaxArc-LP-100.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_5/MaxArc-LP-100.php)
- picture has model LG-100 rather than LP-100
- column headings in table are missing, as well as indicators in those columns
- row headings missing in table
- general text says this is a "dual voltage" machine

Page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_217/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-60I.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_217/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-60I.php)
- in specifications, says 40 Amp cut draws 350 Amps

Page - http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=6#general (http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=6#general)
- in specifications, the cut specs are the same as the 60D. According to the manual, I believe they should be 1.5" severance, 7 ipm at 1.25, 17 ipm at 3/4" (or maybe 5/8")

Page - http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=7#general (http://longevity-inc.com/details.php?id=7#general)
- in specifications, the cut specs are what I expect for the 70. Manual says 1.75 severance for this machine.

Page - [url]http://www.longevity-inc.com/partners.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/partners.php)
- duplicate text and logo

In general:
If you select plasma cutter models from the left products list, all the column and row headers in the table are missing - these are pages that end like ".../Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-LP-60D.php". If you select cutter models from the tables, you get the column and row headers. These pages look like ".../details.php?id=3".

BearNPum,

Sorry, I missed this post. We have sent the problems you reported to the web team. We should fix all issues within 1 or two days.

Thanks for doing some digging and finding the problems.

Thanks,

Simon

BearNPum
08-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Great, looks like fixes have been made. I have discovered some other issues and will keep a list going that I will post a bit later.

matteh99
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Simon,
The multi purpose chart is still a bit goofy. I see you added product pages for the Weldall 200PI and 250PI. The links on the chart still points to the LC-520D. The chart still shows all the units accept the 250PI as DC units. Their specs in the chart say AC-DC but the color coding on the left is still wrong.

Also the actual product page specs and the chart specs show different amperages for the stick welding. The product pages for both the 200PI and 250PI say they max out at 160 amps. The chart says the 200PI goes to 180 amps and the 250PI goes to 190 amps for stick welding.

Also at the bottom of the specifications page for both the 200PI and 250PI the last paragraph says

"Also because there the starting technology is not High Frequency, your plasma cutter does not interfere with CNC Computers. Pilot Arc torches also have longer consumable life because you can maintain a distance when starting an arc."

It should either be their or the not both. I am not great at grammar but there the is defiantly wrong :)

junes
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't know if some one already said this but when you go to the products and there are those little symbols that represent the different processes there is a little problem. Some of those symbols don't go with their process.

matteh99
09-16-2009, 07:49 AM
More issues.

The links for the new IGBT machines still go to the LC-520D instead of their product pages.

The chart below the LW-200ACDC is for the multipurpose units.

Eric

matteh99
10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Multi-purpose charts are still messed up. All of the links for the IGBT machines go to the 520D. Only the 250PI is color coded as an AC machine.

The links to helmets and gear are broken on the products page.

The specs / pictures for the LT-200 and LT-200D are confusing. The chart says the LT-200 is a TIG only machine but the pictures of the LT-200 have a switch for MMA and the front of the machine says LT-200D. The LT-200D has a different set of pictures that also say LT-200D and slightly different specs and costs $50 more.

Both the LT-200D and LW-200ACDC have the multipurpose chart below them instead of the TIG only chart. The LT-200 has no chart below it.

Eric

LONGEVITY
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Eric.

I have sent your points to our programming. We will have contact with them shortly and get these issues resolved.

Anything else you see, please let us know.

Simon

LONGEVITY
10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Eric,

I we have fixed most of your suggestions. We will also clarify the LT series units and make sure that is understandable.

If there is anything else, please let us know.

matteh99
10-21-2009, 07:54 AM
The first time I looked at the multipurpose chart it looked like every thing was fixed. However, I missed one small thing. On the left hand side there are catagories for DC or AC/DC, Mosfett or IGBT and 110/220 or 220, The AC/DC listing is correct the but the listings for Mosfett or IGBT and 110/220 or 220 are incorrect. The Weldall 160p & 200p are listed as IGBT machines instead of mosfett and it says they are 220v only instead of 220/110 machines.

It is a lot better but still a little out of order. :)

Eric

BearNPum
10-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Also, in this chart for MP Units, it shows the 160PI as a 70 amp cutter.

BearNPum
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Some more items that may need fixin:

On the 60I page - http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_217/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-60I.php (http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_217/Plasma-Cutters/ForceCut-60I.php) - The unit is shown in a black case, the units shipping are in blue cases.

The web browser text for the 60I says " Cheap ForceCut...". I would change to "Affordable...". The "Cheap" is in many other spots as well.

The recommended accessories for the 60I does not show the correct shield cup for this torch. I can't find the correct consumables set for the 60I on the website anywhere.

matteh99
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe Longevity should do a website error finding contest :-D

Eric

LONGEVITY
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi Guys,

We have advised our programming and search optimization crew to get rid of that word. It does send the wrong signal about our equipment. Typically, it is designed to hit searches on google and yahoo for "Cheap Welder" aka Affordable or Inexpensive.

We will get rid of that word asap.

Thanks

BearNPum
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
You can bury the word in html where the search engines will find it, but won't show up on the browser.

bradler451
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I like how they have videos to show their products help u make a better decision because u see the quality oh the machines!!!!