PDA
View Full Version :

First real part.

Gadget
05-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I finally completed the routing function of my CNC machine and made the first real engraving on it. It was done with a tiny ball bit instead of a real pointed engraving bit but I am happy with the result. The letters are a half inch high at the largest and the entire text is two inches long. I can go much smaller with a finer tip. This was aluminum and will be a small desk name plate for my boss.
I mounted a dremel rotary tool to engrave. I have a trim router that I will mount for wood routing and will also make a torch mount for the plasma cutter.
All software including the engraving program is freeware and works quite well considering that.
Gadget
[attachment=0:y3qii61i]Terry.jpg[/attachment:y3qii61i]

EdKing
05-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Looks really good, looks like you got the table working well.

Ed

MAD4metal
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't know if you have any control over the kerning function in that( space between letters ) , but it's too tight in the first word ( I think it says Terry or Jenny )and the second word the kerning is to far apart on a couple letters. Being in the sign bus. I feel the need to point these things out.... :mrgreen:

Gadget
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
That is a freeware program and it is what it is. No option for letter spacing. This was just a test to see how the table would perform. Still, thanks for point that out. I never noticed it.

Gadget