PDA
View Full Version :

A great spreadsheet for MultiFunction Units.

Gadget
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
This was created by Dan AKA 2fatdogs and is very helpful. I have locked it with the Longevity logo to prevent piracy but if you want to unlock it to edit it for your own use let me know and I will send you the password. It is an Excel spreadsheet. If you don't have Excel you can download the free Open Office, that will open it.
Thanks for all your hard work 2fatdogs.

Gadget

woofer456
05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Thank You Gadget
I have seen talk of this but this is the first I have seen it. Looks good thanks Bob

TyRex
05-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Nice work, dan.

lonerider50
06-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Could I get the password,I'm lonerider50 and Have the 200

CliffBraun
08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
This is awesome. Current is Peak Current, correct?

Also, for pulsed mode, as I understand your writing (which is way better than the manual) it is used for DC tig to get a different(colder?) weld by switching between base current and peak at the set frequency. Is the length of time of each level equal? Anyone hooked up an oscilloscope to see how square the wave is?

I've Attached it as a PDF; I made one because my pdf reader is way lighter than OO.

This is going to be amazingly useful, I think I'm gonna be printing out 5 or so tonight and tape one to the machine if I can figure out a way of doing so without blocking any vents.

I'm really glad I was pointed towards the forum, you guys should give a laminated one of these to everyone who buys a welder, explains everything but setup clearly and succinctly.

The only other question I have is if my pedal should have two plugs on the end? I only saw one, but there are two in the pictures I've seen. I'm not sure if I missed it, it's missing, or it's been outmoded by something in the pedal?

Thanks again for both Dan's compilation of this and Gadget for making it available.

Gadget
08-12-2009, 03:30 AM
First let me say welcome to the forum Cliff. The older units had two plugs for the pedal, a three pin and a two pin. The newer units have a single 7 pin connector. The pedal can be wired for either the two plugs or single plug. It just takes some figuring out on the wire mappings. Best if you get the pedal wired for your unit.
Dan

CliffBraun
08-12-2009, 10:19 AM
So my question for the single plug setup is if the HF arc stuff is built into Full pedal now if I've got the 7 pin one.

Gadget
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
If I understand the question correctly, the HF start will be there no matter how you start whether it be pedal or trigger on the torch if your unit is an HF start model.
Dan

CliffBraun
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok, so I can either use the torch for static current operation or use the pedal to vary it and the machine will do the same clever starting stuff either way?

Gadget
08-13-2009, 06:01 AM
That is correct. When using the pedal, I was told to turn the current knobs on the unit to zero. The pedal will control them. Outside of that the HF works from torch or pedal the same (automatic).

2fatdogs
06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while (building a new shop space for me and my toys) and trying to get back to using my early model Weldall LS-200P. Anyway. I've updated my old spreadsheet with all the latest information that I "think" I know. Comments and feedback are welcome. I'm still trying to understand all those knobs and switches and what they do.

I've corrected a number of earlier errors and made it a bit cleaner and more graphical. I've also made it more specific to my machine, but hopefully that clarifies things that may or may not be different between machines.

It is presently optimized for printing in Portrait view on 11x17 paper so that it all fits on a readable single page. The site only allows PDFs not Excel spreadsheets. Simon or others PM me if you want to receive the spreadsheet.

2fatdogs
06-13-2013, 02:59 PM
PS it cracks me up to see my old spreadsheet incorporated into the manuals... there are a lot of errors in there.

cmoses2
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM
2fatdogs:
That is a great spreadsheet, thanks.
I have a 256, and the pulse function works on both AC and DC. I know because I use it to time my rod dips when doing aluminum on AC.
I think it even pulses on stick mode, I accidentally left it on the other day and I could see the arc increase and decrease.
And dont sweat any errors, it isnt like the manuals are perfect works of art anyway.
Thanks again!
cm2