PDA
View Full Version :

My usual silly little stuff

strube1369
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I built the bird feeder so I decided to mount it "fancy". Used my trusty little HF bender, welded washers for mounting, cut and welded the frame. Mounted it. Feed birds. And squirrels...

Also, I have one of those old "turn out boot" racks from the station so I cut it in half. I know: nice cut Strube...HEY, I'm just learning. Ya think that's bad, check out my welding! Point is: I think it's about 3/8" and my 40 cut it right off. Pretty much where I wanted it too!

See, I figure if I keep putting my silly stuff up, some of you will say "Geez, I can do better than that!" Then you will put your really cool stuff up and I can get inspired and learn!

Gadget
05-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice work Strube. Some good ideas there too.
Dan

atcig
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Looks great!

LONGEVITY
05-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Very nice.... i see you have been busy. How is the plasma cutter you won? Did your uncle say anything?

Simon

strube1369
05-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, he has used his quite a bit. He and my aunt manage a ranch in Arizona plus he has been building cars and pickups (mostly hotrods) for about 50 years so he has a project going on and loves his plasma cutter!
He isn't a computer guy so no chance of getting him on this board. Dang it. I talk to him at least once a week and usually, here lately, he's used the cutter again every time.
Hey, thanks for asking!

LONGEVITY
05-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Strube,

I am glad the unit is in good hands and I am glad he is enjoying it. Maybe one day, he will be on here sharing his art.

Thanks for sharing your work,

Simon

arandall
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Strube:

I like it! The bird feeder base is really unique.

Cheers,
Art R.