PDA
View Full Version :

Guess I will go first



Gadget
11-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I am absolutely green when it comes to TIG welding but I am hopeful I will be able to glean enough information here to become at least a passable Tigger. I was a Mig welder for about a year about 30 years ago and have done stick and Acetelene welding on and off through the years.
Hopefully this forum will become a good place for sharing information.
I am looking forward to having others join in.
Dan

BigAl
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Dan,

Funny I was a TIG welder for about 5 years 30 years ago, also did Mig and Sub Arc. Just bought a Super 200P form Longevity, pretty cool machine. Have you got a TIG machine yet? If so What?

Gadget
12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi Dan,

Funny I was a TIG welder for about 5 years 30 years ago, also did Mig and Sub Arc. Just bought a Super 200P form Longevity, pretty cool machine. Have you got a TIG machine yet? If so What?

Hi Big Al,
I bought the Super 160P TIG/Stick/Plasma cutter combo from Longevity. I am very happy with the way this unit performs. I have spent the last two weekends just running beads with stainless, mild steel but primarily aluminum. I have gotten to the point that I can run a pretty good looking bead in aluminum about 80% of the time and know enough to stop and adjust or clean for the other 20%.
So far I have not started any projects. I am going to tackle a small project this weekend out of aluminum tubing.
Dan

LONGEVITY
12-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Dan and Big Al,

This is Simon from Longevity. I personally want to thank you guys for getting the forum started. As you know, we are working extremely hard to get this website up and running.

I feel you guys will soon have a lot of feedback from other customers as well.

Once gain, thank you guys for choosing Longevity.


Sincerely,

Simon

Gadget
12-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Simon,
I plan on being a regular here. Thank you for making this forum available. I see you have added quite a few other forum topics, the site is developing nicely.
Dan

fredpick
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
hi all,
Looks like this forum is going to be great for all welders !!!!
I am not 100% green on tig but some techniques and how to's would make my day!!!!!! ways to properly weld all metals ! setups,tricks,ect.
Thanks,
fred

Paplaz
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Just joined this forum the other day. I've been a back yard/hobby weldor for years; gas, mig and stick for home and neighbor projects. I've always wanted to move up to TIG but the price scared me off. I've lurked on several forums to get an idea of what advice the newbies were getting from the "pros" on buying a TIG machine to start out with and most of the advice GO BIG OR STAY HOME!

They really blasted one poster who admitted he was looking at "cheaper" non-US machines. This was on the "Blue" forum. Some of them act like it's their own personal sounding board and slam anybody who thinks differently or has a less impressive equipment list in their signature block! But, there are some who are very helpful and provide good advice and hints. I suppose it's like any gathering of people, internet or your neighborhood, you always get your share of butt heads.

Anyway, looking forward to reading the information here. I'm still looking for a TIG machine or a combo/TIG unit.

MAD4metal
08-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Paplaz....I experience the same "slam" issue on another site not related to welding where if you own or even consider to own anything other than name brand you are a subhuman species...
Welcome to the site...

LONGEVITY
08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Paplaz,

We accidentally deleted one of your posts and cannot retrieve it. Please contact us via PM or repost in Other manufacturer section.

Thanks

bhardy501
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I havent been TIG welding all that long. I am decent at best. Still having trouble with vertical. Flat is not a big problem. Any suggestions on vertical TIG. Doesnt matter Alum. or Steel.